How can I cancel my Avast subscription?
The steps for canceling an Avast subscription differ according to your method of purchase. Refer to the information in the relevant section below.
Will I get a refund after I cancel my subscription?
No. Canceling an Avast subscription does not refund the subscription. To learn more about Avast's refund policy, and for instructions on requesting a refund, refer to the following article:
What happens after I cancel my subscription?
You receive confirmation by email when your cancellation request has been processed. After you cancel an Avast subscription, you can continue to use the paid products and features until the end of the current subscription period. At this point, you can either renew the subscription, or lose access to the paid products and features.
Do I need to cancel my Avast free trial?
If you entered payment card details before starting your free trial, you need to cancel the trial subscription before the end of the trial period if you do not want to continue using the paid features. If you do not cancel the trial subscription, you are charged for the next subscription period when your trial expires.
Follow the instructions for canceling your Avast subscription, which also apply to Avast trial subscriptions.
Which subscriptions can I cancel via my Avast Account?
Avast is partnered with the established eCommerce provider Digital River, which manages the online sale and distribution of most Avast subscriptions.
If your subscription purchase was processed by Digital River, you can cancel the subscription via your Avast Account. If your subscription purchase was processed by an alternative distributor (such as Nexway, AstroPay, or Cleverbridge), you need to use an alternative cancellation method.
To verify which distributor processed your subscription purchase, check the order confirmation email that you received after purchase, or your debit/credit card statement. For more information, refer to the following article:
What if I can't cancel a subscription via my Avast Account?
Try the possible solutions below:
- If you do not yet have an Avast Account, you can create a new Avast Account with the same email address that you used to purchase the subscription. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article:
- If you already have an Avast Account, but it is not linked to the email address that you used to purchase the subscription, you can add a new email address to your existing Avast Account. For more information, refer to the following article:
- You cannot cancel a subscription purchased via Google Play Store or the App Store using your Avast Account. For instructions on canceling a subscription via one of these vendors, refer to the following article:
- The option to cancel via your Avast Account is not available for all Avast subscriptions. If the subscription that you want to cancel does not appear in your Avast Account, refer to the following article for instructions on how to cancel your subscription:
Can I start using my Avast subscription on a new device?
Yes. To transfer your Avast subscription from one device to another:
- Uninstall the product from the original device.
- Install the product on the new device.
- Activate your subscription on the new device.
The exact steps vary according to your product. For more information, refer to the following article:
- All paid Avast consumer products
- All supported operating systems