When connected to Avast SecureLine VPN, you may experience problems while trying to send emails from email client, such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird or Apple Mail (Mac).
Configuring outgoing SMTP server settings in your email client to use the port 465 or 587 and SSL/TLS encryption usually solves the issue.
If you are using Gmail or Windows Live we recommend to configure your email client to use a specific IP address of the SMTP server instead of its hostname (smtp.gmail.com or smtp.live.com), as these email service providers are known to use multiple SMTP servers.
Since we have no control over these servers, we don't know the full list of IP addresses.
- access blocked to datacenter IP addresses
- access only allowed to residential IP addresses
- access only allowed to IP addresses of its own country
- access only allowed to certain internet service providers
- Avast SecureLine VPN 1.x for Windows
- Avast SecureLine VPN 2.x for Mac
- Avast Ultimate 18.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks)