What is Avast Ultimate?
Avast Ultimate is an Avast products bundle that consists of Avast Premier, Avast Cleanup Premium, Avast SecureLine VPN (the built-in version) and the paid verion of Avast Passwords. By buying the bundle, you save money and ensure that Avast provides you with the maximum protection, improves the performance of your PC, takes care of your network connection, privacy and passwords.
For more information about Avast Ultimate, refer to the following page:
What are the system requirements for Avast Ultimate?
System requirements for Avast Ultimate are the same as system requirements of Avast Premier included in the bundle:
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows XP SP3, any Edition (32-bit)
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- 1 GB RAM for 32-bit OS versions
2 GB RAM for 64-bit OS versions
- 2,5 GB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection to download, activate, and maintain updates of the program and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 1024 x 768 pixels is recommended.
How do I download Avast Ultimate?
The Avast Ultimate installation file contains an activation code that is different for each user. To download your purchased product, open your Avast order confirmation email and click the Download installation file button. Avast Cleanup Premium, Avast SecureLine VPN, and the paid verion of Avast Passwords are included in the Avast Premier installation as its components.
How do I install Avast Ultimate?
To install your Avast Ultimate:
- Open your Avast order confirmation email and click the Download installation file button.
- Download the installer for Avast Premier and save it to a familiar location on your PC (for example, your desktop).
- Right-click the downloaded setup file and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- When prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue on older version of Windows).
- Click Install to proceed with the default installation.
- If prompted to install Avast Free Mobile Security, click the relevant option according to your preference.
Avast Premier, Avast Cleanup Premium, Avast SecureLine VPN, and the paid verion of Avast Passwords included in the Ultimate bundle are installed and automatically activated.
How do I uninstall Avast Ultimate?
Avast SecureLine VPN and the paid verion of Avast Passwords can be removed during the uninstallation of Avast Premier by using the Avast Uninstall Utility. Alternatively, you can uninstall them separately like every other Avast Antivirus components by following steps in this article:
Avast Cleanup Premium is a standalone application that needs to be uninstalled as a separate application via Control Panel. The Avast Premier uninstallation does not affect it. For uninstallation instruction, refer to the following article:
How do I activate my subscription for Avast Ultimate?
If Avast Antivirus is already installed on your PC and you want to activate it with the Avast Ultimate license, follow these instructions:
- Open your Avast order confirmation email and copy the activation code.
- Right-click the Avast icon in the system tray and select Subscription information from the context menu.
- On the My licenses screen, click Enter a valid activation code.
- Press the
Vkeys simultaneously to paste the activation code into the text box and click Enter.
- Check your license details for the entered activation code. If you already have an activation code for interchangeable products, you can click on a listed item and select an alternative license from the drop-down menu. then click Continue to return to the My licenses screen.
- Click Activate & Install next to Avast Cleanup listed under Other available licenses on the My licenses screen.
Your Avast Ultimate license is now activated. The expiration date of your license appears under Licenses on this PC. The licenses for Avast Premier, Avast Cleanup Premium, Avast SecureLine VPN and the paid version of Avast Passwords should have the same expiration date.
What should I do if Avast Antivirus does not accept my purchased Avast Ultimate license?
If you face issues activating Avast Ultimate, use the Avast webform to resend your license to the email address used for your purchase, then try to insert your activation code again. If the issue persist, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Uninstall all products included in Avast Ultimate.
- Download and install Avast Ultimate again.
- Insert your activation code into Avast Premier.
I cannot find the Avast Ultimate license on my Avast Account. What can I do?
Avast Account displays a license for each product included in the Avast Ultimate bundle separately. Your account should show licenses for Avast Premier, Avast Cleanup Premium, Avast SecureLine VPN and the paid version of Avast Passwords, and all of these licenses should have the same expiration date.
Can I transfer the Avast Ultimate license to another computer?
If you need to transfer your Avast Ultimate subscription from one PC to another, firstly uninstall all products included in the bundle from the original PC. Then, you can activate your license on the alternative PC.
- Avast Ultimate 18.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit