What is Avast Ultimate?
Avast Ultimate is a subscription bundle purchase that includes the following products for Windows:
- Avast Premium Security (previously Avast Premier)
- Avast Cleanup Premium
- Avast SecureLine VPN
- Avast Passwords
By buying the bundle, you save money and ensure Avast is providing you with maximum protection, improved PC performance, and is taking care of your network connection, privacy, and passwords.
For more information about Avast Ultimate, refer to the following page:
What are the system requirements for Avast Ultimate?
The system requirements for Avast Ultimate are the same as the system requirements for Avast Premium Security (previously Avast Premier) included in the bundle:
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit)
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- 1 GB RAM for 32-bit OS versions
2 GB RAM for 64-bit OS versions
- 2.5 GB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection to download, activate, and maintain updates of the program and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 1024 x 768 pixels is recommended.
How do I download Avast Ultimate?
The Avast Ultimate installation file contains an activation code that is different for each user. To download your purchased product, open your Avast order confirmation email and click the Download installation file button. Alternatively, you can download and install Avast Premium Security and then activate your Avast Ultimate subscription using your activation code.
For detailed instructions, refer to the following articles:
How do I install Avast Ultimate?
To install Avast Ultimate:
- Open your Avast order confirmation email and click the Download installation file button.
- Download the installer for Avast Premium Security and save it to a familiar location on your PC (for example, your desktop).
- Right-click the downloaded setup file and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- When prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue on older version of Windows).
- Click Install to proceed with the default installation.
Avast Premium Security is now installed. The other components of Avast Ultimate will be installed when you activate your subscription.
How do I uninstall Avast Ultimate?
Avast Passwords can be removed during the uninstallation of Avast Premium Security by using the Avast Uninstall Utility. Alternatively, you can uninstall it separately by following the steps in this article:
Avast Cleanup Premium and Avast SecureLine VPN are standalone applications that need to be uninstalled separately via Windows Control Panel. For uninstallation instructions, refer to the following articles:
How do I activate my subscription for Avast Ultimate?
If Avast Antivirus is already installed on your PC and you want to activate it with the Avast Ultimate subscription, follow these instructions:
- Open your Avast order confirmation email and copy the activation code.
- Right-click the Avast icon in the system tray and select Subscription information from the context menu.
- On the My subscriptions screen, click Enter a valid activation code.
- Press the
Vkeys simultaneously to paste the activation code into the text box and click Enter.
- Check your subscription details for the entered activation code. If you already have an activation code for interchangeable products, you can click on a listed item and select an alternative subscription from the drop-down menu. Click Continue to return to the My subscriptions screen.
- Click Activate & Install next to Avast Cleanup and Avast SecureLine VPN listed under Other available subscriptions on the My subscriptions screen.
- If prompted, click OK to restart your PC and complete the activation.
Your Avast Ultimate subscription is now activated. The expiration date of your subscription appears under Subscriptions on this PC. The subscriptions for Avast Premium Security, Avast Cleanup Premium, Avast SecureLine VPN and Avast Passwords should have the same expiration date.
For detailed activation instructions, refer to the following article:
What should I do if Avast Antivirus does not accept my purchased Avast Ultimate subscription?
If you face issues activating Avast Ultimate, use the Avast webform to resend your activation code to the email address used for your purchase, then try to insert your activation code again. If the issue persists, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Uninstall all products included in Avast Ultimate.
- Download and install Avast Ultimate again.
- Insert your activation code into Avast Premium Security.
I can't find the Avast Ultimate subscription in my Avast Account. What can I do?
Avast Account displays a subscription for each product included in the Avast Ultimate bundle separately. Your account should show subscriptions for Avast Premium Security, Avast Cleanup Premium, Avast SecureLine VPN and the paid version of Avast Passwords. All of these subscriptions should have the same expiration date.
Can I transfer the Avast Ultimate subscription to another computer?
If you need to transfer your Avast Ultimate subscription from one PC to another, firstly uninstall all products included in the bundle from the original PC. Then you can activate your subscription on the alternative PC.
- Avast Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit