What is Avast Ultimate?
Avast Ultimate is an Avast products bundle that consists of Avast Premier, Avast Cleanup Premium, Avast SecureLine VPN (the built-in version) and Avast Passwords Premium. By buying the bundle, you save money and ensure that Avast provides you with the maximum protection, improves the performance of your PC, takes care of your network connection, privacy and passwords.
For more information about the individual programs included in Avast Ultimate, refer to the following articles:
What are the system requirements for Avast Ultimate?
System requirements for Avast Ultimate are the same as system requirements of Avast Premier included in the bundle:
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows XP SP3, any Edition (32-bit)
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- 1 GB RAM for 32-bit OS versions
2 GB RAM for 64-bit OS versions
- 2,5 GB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection to download, activate, and maintain updates of the program and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 1024 x 768 pixels is recommended.
Using Microsoft Windows operating systems without the latest Service Pack may not be supported. For details, refer to the documentation on Microsoft's website:
How do I download Avast Ultimate?
The Avast Ultimate installation file contains an activation code that is different for each user. To download your purchased product, open your Avast order confirmation email and click the Download installation file button. Avast SecureLine VPN, Avast Passwords Premium and Avast Cleanup Premium are included in the Avast Premier installation as its components.
How do I install Avast Ultimate?
For instruction install your Avast Ultimate products, read the following steps:
- Open your Avast order confirmation email and click the Download installation file button.
- Download the installer for Avast Premier and save it to a familiar location on your PC (for example, your Windows desktop).
- Right-click the downloaded setup file and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- When prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue).
- Click Install to proceed with the default installation.
- If prompted to install Avast Free Mobile Security, click the relevant option according to your preference.
Avast Premier, Avast SecureLine, Avast Passwords Premium and Avast Cleanup Premium included in the Ultimate bundle are installed and automatically activated.
How do I uninstall Avast Ultimate?
Avast SecureLine and Avast Passwords Premium can be removed during the uninstallation of Avast Premier by using the Avast Uninstall Utility. Alternatively, you can uninstall them separately like every other Avast Antivirus components by following steps in this article:
Avast Cleanup Premium is a standalone application that needs to be uninstalled as a separate application via Control Panel. The Avast Premier uninstallation does not affect it. For uninstallation instruction, refer to the following article:
How do I activate my subscription for Avast Ultimate?
If Avast Antivirus is already installed on your PC and you want to activate it with the Avast Ultimate license, follow these instructions:
- Open your Avast order confirmation email and copy the activation code.
- Right-click the Avast icon in the system tray and select Subscription information (or Registration information) from the context menu.
- On the Your Subscription screen, click Insert activation code.
- Paste your activation code and click Next.
- Click OK.
In case that you have no previous valid licenses for Avast Premier, Avast SecureLine VPN or Avast Passwords Premium, Avast Ultimate activates all these products automatically. However, if you already have a license for any of these products, you need to switch your license manually by following these steps:
- Open Avast Premier and go to Settings → Subscription.
- Click the tile of the product for which you want to switch your license to.
- Click Activate.
- If prompted restart your PC.
The product subscription status changes from Available to Active and the subscription tile of your previous product disappears.
What should I do if Avast Antivirus does not accept my purchased license?
If you face issues activating Avast Antivirus, use the Avast webform to resend your license to the email address used for your purchase, then try to insert the license into the program again. If the activation code or license does not work, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Uninstall each product included in Avast Ultimate.
- Download and install all Avast Ultimate products again.
- Insert the license into Avast Premier.
I cannot find the Avast Ultimate license on my Avast Account. What can I do?
Avast Account displays a license for each product included in the Avast Ultimate bundle separately. Your account should show licenses for Avast Premier, Avast Cleanup Premium, Avast SecureLine and Avast Passwords Premium, and all of these licenses should have the same expiration date.
Can I transfer the Avast Ultimate license to another computer?
If you need to transfer your Avast Ultimate subscription from one PC to another, firstly uninstall all products included in the bundle from the original PC. Then, you can activate your license on the alternative PC.
- Avast Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit