The Avast Support Tool is a diagnostic tool that checks your Avast Antivirus software for common issues and offers troubleshooting solutions. Additionally, it automatically gathers files to send to Avast as a reference for Avast Support representatives and engineers.
Use the Avast Support Tool
To submit a support file using the Avast Support Tool, follow these steps:
- Click the button below to download the Avast Support Tool Download Avast Support Tool ...and save it to a familiar location on your PC (for example, your desktop).
- Right-click the downloaded
avastsupport.exetool icon and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue).
- When the Avast Support Tool is finished running, click Next to create a support file. If the Avast Support Tool does not run automatically, click Start.
You can hover your cursor over the information icon to view help and suggestions for an issue, or click the Learn more link.
- On the new screen that appears, fill in the following information:
- The e-mail address you provided in step 1.
- The Ticket ID you received after submitting the ticket in step 1.
- Click Generate to allow the tool to gather necessary files. This process may take up to several minutes.
By default, support files are sent to Avast servers. You can change this setting by clicking Options before you generate the package.
- After the support file is created, view the file name and its location on your PC, then click Finish.
If you are already in contact with Avast Support, you can provide the support File ID to our support representatives in your next reply.
- Avast Support Tool
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit