The Avast Support Tool is a diagnostic tool that checks your Avast Antivirus software for common problems and offers troubleshooting solutions. It can also gather files to send to Avast as a reference for Avast Support representatives and engineers.
Run the Avast Support Tool
There are two methods for running the Avast Support Tool. The Download method installs and runs an executable file on your PC. This method is useful if you are unable to open your Avast product. The Settings method runs the Avast Support Tool from the Avast Antivirus user interface.
Send a file log to Avast Support
- After following the instructions above to run the Avast Support Tool, click Next to create a support file log.
- On the new screen that appears, fill in the following information:
- The e-mail address you provided to Avast Support when submitting a ticket via the support portal.
- The ticket number you received from Avast Support after submitting the ticket.
- Optionally, write additional details about your issue.
- Click Generate to allow the tool to gather the necessary files. This process may take several minutes.
- The support file is automatically sent to Avast Support if you are connected to the internet. For future reference, note the File ID and its location on your PC. In your next communication with Avast Support, you can provide the support File ID to our support representatives.
- Click Finish to complete the file submission to Avast Support.
- Avast Premium Security 20.x
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit