Avast Security and Avast Premium Security (previously Avast Security Pro) have a built-in reporting tool that generates a "support package", which can be sent as a troubleshooting reference for Avast Support.
Submit a support package
If a support package has been requested by Avast Support, follow the instructions below to generate it from the Help menu:
- In your Applications folder, double-click the Avast icon to open the application.
- Ensure the Avast Security window is active, then click Help in the Avast menu bar on the top-left of the screen and select Avast Technical Support ▸ Generate Support Package.
- Enter your support ticket number into the feedback text box and optionally enter your name and email address to allow Avast Support to connect your issue with the support package. Then click Submit Feedback.
- Avast Security automatically gathers the necessary files and sends them to Avast Support for analysis. Click Done to close the window.
- Avast Security 14.x for Mac
- Avast Premium Security 14.x for Mac
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)