Avast Antivirus allows you to set a password to protect various areas of the program. If you have already created a password but are unable to remember it, read the following article:
Protect Avast Antivirus with a password
- Open the Avast user interface and click
☰Menu ▸ Settings.
- Ensure the General tab is selected, then select Password ▸ Create Password.
- Define your password, re-enter it, and click Create Password to confirm.
- Tick the box next to one of the following options:
Change your password by clicking Change Password, or remove your password by clicking Remove password.
- Protect only Settings: enable password protection for Settings only within Avast Antivirus.
- Protect everything (Settings and general program access): enable password protection for access to Avast Antivirus and Settings.
When you attempt to access any of the password-protected areas, you are required to enter your password and click OK.
- Avast Ultimate 19.1
- Avast Premier 19.1
- Avast Internet Security 19.1
- Avast Pro Antivirus 19.1
- Avast Free Antivirus 19.1
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit