Avast Antivirus allows you to set a password to protect various areas of the program. If you have already created a password but are unable to remember it, read the following article:
Protect Avast Antivirus with a password
- Open the Avast user interface and click
☰Menu ▸ Settings.
- Ensure the General tab is selected, then click next to Password to expand the panel.
- Tick the box next to Protect Avast with a password and enter your selected password into each text box.
- In Protected Areas, tick or untick each box to specify which areas and actions require a password:
- General program access: to open the Avast user interface.
- Program settings: to access all program settings when clicking Settings from the Avast user interface.
- Protection control: to turn on/off the real-time protection shields.
- Protection settings: to access the settings for the active protection shields.
- Scan control: to access the controls used to stop or start a scan.
- Scan settings: to access the settings that determine the various scan parameters.
- Update control: to modify update settings for the program and virus definitions.
- Virus Chest control: to access the controls used to work with files in the Virus Chest.
- Backup/Restore of Avast settings: to back up and restore your Avast settings.
- Firewall settings: to access all settings related to Firewall.
- Click OK to confirm your changes. Restart your PC if prompted by the Avast user interface.
When you attempt to access any of the password-protected areas, you are required to enter your password and click OK.
- Avast Ultimate 18.x
- Avast Premier 18.x
- Avast Internet Security 18.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 18.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 18.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit