Wi-Fi Inspector or Smart Scan in Avast Antivirus may detect that your PC is vulnerable or has been subjected to the DoublePulsar attack, which is used by WannaCry ransomware and other malicious threats. This means that your PC is running an outdated version of the Windows File and Printer Sharing service (SMB), which contains a vulnerability known as EternalBlue. This vulnerability can be resolved by installing the MS17-010 security update.
Install the MS17-010 security update
Follow the relevant steps below according to your version of Windows.
- Avast Premium Security 19.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 19.x
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Avast Premier 19.x
- Avast Internet Security 19.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 19.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit