Wi-Fi Inspector or Smart Scan in Avast Antivirus may have detected that your PC is vulnerable or has been subjected to the DoublePulsar attack which is used by WannaCry ransomware and other malicious threats. This means that your PC is running an outdated version of the Windows File and Printer Sharing service (SMB), which contains a vulnerability known as EternalBlue. The vulnerability can be resolved by installing the MS17-010 security update.
Installing the MS17-010 security update
To install the MS17-010 security update, follow the steps according to your version of Windows.
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit