Avast Antivirus supports several languages. To change the language of the user interface in Avast Antivirus, follow the steps in this article.
Set up the language
- Open the Avast user interface and click Settings.
- Ensure the General tab is selected, and click Install additional languages.
If you have already installed your preferred language, open the drop-down list next to Language to access it.
- Tick the box next to each language you want to install, then click OK. If prompted by User Account control for permissions, click Yes (or Continue).
- When the installation is complete, click Done.
- Access the installed languages by navigating to Settings and selecting your preferred language from the drop-down list next to Language. Click OK to confirm.
If the new language is not immediately applied, close and reopen the Avast user interface.
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit