Avast Free Antivirus automatically activates after installation. However, after 12 months, the application may prompt you to activate it again. To continue using Avast Free Antivirus, follow the activation steps in this article.
Activate Avast Free Antivirus
- Right-click the Avast icon in the notification area of your Windows taskbar and select Registration information.
- On the My Subscriptions screen, click Upgrade now next to Avast Free Antivirus.
- Click Select in the Avast Free Antivirus column.
- Click the
Xicon on the new screen that appears to return to the My Subscriptions screen.
Avast Free Antivirus is now activated for one year. After 12 months you can renew the activation again by following the steps above.
- Avast Free Antivirus 21.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1 with Convenient Rollup Update, 32 / 64-bit