After purchasing and installing Avast BreachGuard, you can immediately activate your subscription by logging in to Avast BreachGuard with the existing Avast Account that is linked to your Avast BreachGuard purchase. If you do not yet have an Avast Account, you can activate your subscription by entering the email address linked to your Avast BreachGuard purchase and using it to create a new Avast Account.
If your existing Avast Account is not linked to your Avast BreachGuard subscription, and you do not want to create an additional Avast Account, you can activate the application using an activation code.
Activate Avast BreachGuard
Troubleshoot activation issues
If you experience any activation issues:
- Ensure you have correctly entered your activation code, including hyphens.
- In some cases, subscription synchronization may take up to 24 hours after purchase. If your subscription is still not active after this time, try reinstalling Avast BreachGuard then activating your subscription again using the exact steps in this article. For detailed reinstallation instructions, refer to the following articles:
To transfer your subscription to a different PC, uninstall Avast BreachGuard from your PC before you activate your subscription on the alternative PC. For reinstallation instructions, refer to the following articles:
For more information about Avast BreachGuard, refer to the following articles:
- Avast BreachGuard 20.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit