Avast BreachGuard is a paid product that requires a subscription to use. After installing Avast BreachGuard, you need to activate your subscription before you can use the application.
Activate Avast BreachGuard
Troubleshoot activation issues
If you experience activation issues, review the information below, which explains how to resolve some of the most common activation issues.
- Ensure that you are entering the credentials for the Avast Account that is linked to your Avast BreachGuard subscription. To verify this, sign in to your Avast Account in your web browser and click the Subscriptions tile to see a list of the linked subscriptions.
- If your Avast BreachGuard subscription is not linked to an Avast Account, manually link the subscription to your Avast Account. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article:
- If you are prompted to enter an activation code, retrieve it via your Avast Account. This excludes the possibility that the issue is caused by an incorrect activation code. For instructions, refer to the following article:
If you are still unable to activate your subscription, you can click the link below to open the Avast Technical Support form. After you submit the request, an Avast Support agent will contact you to help resolve the issue.
To learn more about Avast BreachGuard, refer to the following articles:
For instructions on transferring your subscription to a new device, refer to the following article:
- Avast BreachGuard 21.x for Windows
- Avast BreachGuard 1.x for Mac
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Apple macOS 11.x (Big Sur)
- Apple macOS 10.15.x (Catalina)
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)