If you use an email client (such as Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird), Avast Antivirus may include a Virus-free message (previously an email signature) at the bottom of your outgoing emails to let your recipients know that the email has been scanned for malware. This setting is enabled by default.
Disable the Avast signature for outgoing emails
- Open Avast Antivirus, and go to
☰Menu ▸ Settings.
- Select Protection ▸ Core Shields.
- Scroll down to Configure shield settings and click the tab for Mail Shield.
- Untick the box next to Add a signature to the end of sent emails.
Your outgoing emails will no longer include a signature from Avast. You can re-enable this setting at any time.
For more information about managing shield settings, refer to the following article:
- Avast Free Antivirus 20.x
- Avast Premium Security 20.x
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit