Avast One is a comprehensive security software that blocks viruses, spyware, and other malicious threats. Additionally, it protects you and your data from hackers while you are online, and improves the performance of your system.
This article explains how to install Avast One Free on your Windows PC.
Install Avast One Free
- Click the button below to download the Avast One Free setup file, and save it to a familiar location on your PC (by default, downloaded files are saved to your Downloads folder).
Download Avast One Free
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
avast_free_setup_online.exeand select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted for permission by the User Account Control dialog, click Yes.
- Click Install Now.
- Wait while setup installs Avast One Free on your PC.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete Avast One Free setup.
- When installation is complete, answer the four-question survey to personalize your initial Smart Scan. To skip the survey, click Skip all.
- Click Run personalized scan to start scanning for vulnerabilities on your PC.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to resolve each found vulnerability. To skip ahead and explore other Avast One Free features, click Skip for now.
Avast One Free is now installed, but some components may not fully function until you restart your PC.
To get started using Avast One Free, refer to the following article:
If you experience any installation issues:
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements and your Windows version is up to date.
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP2 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit).
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions); ARM-based devices are not supported.
- 1 GB RAM or above.
- 2 GB free space on the hard disk.
- Internet connection to download, activate, and maintain program updates and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Check that the downloaded setup file is not corrupted. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Uninstall any previous antivirus software from your PC. For instructions, refer to the following articles:
- Restart your PC, then try to install Avast One Free again by following the steps in this article.
If the issue persists, contact Avast Support and provide your setup log file. For instructions, refer to the following article:
To learn more about Avast One Free, refer to the following article:
- Avast One Free 20.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit