This article contains instructions for installing the standalone version of Avast SecureLine VPN for Windows. If you use Avast Antivirus, SecureLine VPN is already installed as a program component.
Before you install Avast SecureLine VPN, ensure that you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions, no other programs are running in Windows, and your antivirus protection is temporarily disabled (for instructions refer to your vendor's documentation).
Install Avast SecureLine VPN standalone
To install Avast SecureLine VPN as a standalone version, follow these steps:
- Click the button below to download the Avast SecureLine VPN setup file, and save it in a familiar location on your PC (by default, all files are saved to your Downloads folder). Download Avast SecureLine VPN
- Right-click the downloaded setup file and select Run as administrator from the context menu. ...and if prompted by the User Account Control, click Yes to allow Avast SecureLine VPN to install.
- Select your preferred language and click OK to continue.
- Click the bubble next to I accept the agreement to confirm that you have read and accept the terms of the License Agreement, then click Next.
- Click Browse... to save the installation file in a different folder on your PC, then click Next.
- Click Install.
If prompted by the Windows Security dialog for permissions to install the VPN Network Adapter from Sparklabs, click Install.
- Click Finish to complete the installation of Avast SecureLine VPN.
You can open Avast SecureLine VPN by double-clicking the shortcut icon on your Windows Desktop. To activate the SecureLine VPN standalone version, read the following article:
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows XP SP3, any Edition (32-bit)
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- 256 MB RAM or above
- 100 MB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection
- Avast SecureLine VPN 1.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit