Avast AntiTrack Premium is a privacy application designed to keep your identity safe from the latest online tracking techniques. Refer to the sections below for information on how to set up and use Avast AntiTrack Premium.
Learn about the Dashboard
The Dashboard screen allows you to view and manage the following components:
- Tracking Activity: displays the source and specifies the script of the most recently detected tracking attempts.
- Top Tracking Sites: displays the 5 most frequent sources of tracking attempts from the Tracking Activity record.
- Total Tracking Attempts Blocked: displays the total count of tracking attempts organized into All Time, This Year, This Month, This Week, and Today.
- Browsing Data: displays the date of the most recent clearing of browsing data (HTTP cookies, etc.) and the count of items cleared on that date.
- Total Cookies: displays the total count of HTTP Cookies for all browsers on your device.
- Privacy Score Indicator: displays a score which is based on the amount of privacy settings you have enabled in AntiTrack. A low score indicates that some AntiTrack settings are disabled. To manage these settings, click Improve My Privacy Score.
Manage supported browsers
The Browsers tab displays a list of all browsers which support the AntiTrack browser extension. When the AntiTrack browser extension is installed, AntiTrack is fully able to protect your browsing data from online tracking. If you have the browser extension installed for a particular browser, the status Enabled appears next to the browser name. To install the AntiTrack browser extension into a browser, click the red slider (OFF) so that it changes to green (ON). For detailed instructions on installing the AntiTrack browser extension, read the following article:
Manage stored browsing data
The My Tracks tab allows you to manage the locally stored browsing data in your system, which can be used to track your online activity. The MyTracks tab includes the following:
- Number of cookies cleared: displays a popup in the top-right of the screen which shows all HTTPS cookies cleared from your device. This information is reset weekly.
- Prevent clearing on certain websites: click Add or remove websites from whitelist to specify which URLS Avast AntiTrack Premium should not clear cookies from. The whilelist module comes with with options to add the most popular websites on the internet.
- Browser list: view a list of all installed browsers and their cookies. Use the Cookie Clearing drop-down menu to select how often cookies are automatically cleared. You can also click Clear data to select and manually clear types of browser data.
Manage tracking reports
The Reports tab allows you to manage the following options:
- Tracking Activity: displays a record of tracking attempts, tracking sources, and scripts. Click the button below the report to clear the record.
- Fingerprint Changes: lists every instance of fingerprint changes. A new entry is created on a randomized schedule or any time you enable a browser from the Browsers tab. Below is a button to clear this record.
- Privacy Score: allows you to manage the settings that comprise your Privacy score. The following settings are available:
- Tracking Detection: configured by selecting Enable Tracking Detection in Settings.
- Unprotected Browsers: displays the number of browsers that remain disabled in the Browsers tab.
- VPN: displays whether or not a VPN is connected.
- Cookie Clearing Schedule: displays the interval of the Cookie Clearing Schedule which you can access from the My Tracks tab.
Manage AntiTrack settings
To access AntiTrack Premium settings, click Settings on the left side of the interface. The following settings are available:
- Enable Tracking Detection: allows AntiTrak Premium to continue to write entries to the Tracking Activity record. If you disable this setting, your browser remains protected but AntiTrack Premium does not gather data during tracking attempts.
- Show notifications for fingerprint changes: displays a notification each time your digital fingerprint is changed, either on the randomized schedule or when you enable a browser in the Browsers tab.
- Show notifications for tracking attempts detected: displays a notification each time AntiTrak Premium detects a tracking attempt. If you disable this setting, AntiTrak Premium still writes entries to the Tracking activity record but no notification appears.
- Start AntiTrak Premium at System Startup: allows AntiTrak Premium to automatically start each time you turn on your PC.
- Minimize AntiTrak Premium at start: minimizes the AntiTrak Premium interface at launch.
- Check for Updates: downloads and runs the latest available version of AntiTrack Premium, if available.
- Avast AntiTrack Premium 1.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit