This article contains instructions for when Avast SecureLine VPN for Mac displays the "We've got something" error message. This error occurs when the VPN fails to connect, and contains a 6-digit error code, or multiple 6-digit error codes.
Reinstall SecureLine VPN
To resolve this issue, reinstall SecureLine VPN for Mac. For detailed instructions, refer to the following articles:
- Uninstall Avast SecureLine VPN, then restart your Mac.
- Install Avast SecureLine VPN.
- Activate Avast SecureLine VPN, then try connecting to the VPN again.
If this does not resolve the connection issue, follow the steps in the Further Recommendations section of this article.
- Test your VPN connection by changing your server location. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article:
- Temporarily disable any third-party firewall or antivirus applications, then try connecting to the VPN again. Firewalls and antivirus programs can sometimes interrupt VPN connections. For instructions, refer to the vendor's support documentation according to your firewall or antivirus software.
- Test your Wi-Fi network by connecting to a different Wi-Fi network, or by creating a mobile hotspot. For instructions, refer to the vendor's support documentation according to your Wi-Fi router or mobile device.
- Change your DNS settings. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article:
If these steps do not resolve the issue, contact Avast Support. Ensure to include the error code and troubleshooting steps you've already tried.
- Avast SecureLine VPN 3.x for Mac
- Apple macOS 11.x (Big Sur)
- Apple macOS 10.15.x (Catalina)
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)