When trying to run Avast Antivirus installation, the error Package Broken or Not a Valid Win32 Application appears because of an incomplete download. The best solution is to try to download the setup file again.
If the same error appears, check the integrity of the Avast Antivirus setup file you downloaded with the MD5 & SHA-1 Checksum Utility, to find out if your file download is corrupted.
For more information about the MD5 read the following article on Wikipedia:
To verify that you have downloaded the whole Avast Antivirus setup file which is not corrupted, follow these steps:
- Download your Avast Antivirus setup file from the following links:
- Once you have downloaded your setup file, you can compare its MD5 hash with the correct one using a third party MD5 checksum utility, for example:
- Run the MD5 & SHA-1 Checksum Utility.
- Click the Browse button on the right, ...and open the Avast Antivirus setup file which you have downloaded.
- Copy the appropriate MD5 hash from the following table which shows the correct MD5 hash of each setup file verified on our server:
...paste it to the Hash field and click the Verify button.
Product edition MD5 hash Avast Premier 18.4.3895.0 505C83CFC4A442879743060441A29B01 Avast Internet Security 18.4.3895.0 66AC736AB4FFF8542021A6CCDE752F94 Avast Pro Antivirus 18.4.3895.0 D5F6FF99C3F9A569EB99CC51348F031C Avast Free Antivirus 18.4.3895.0 413977EF591CBB85E6264BA34F9DD7DA Avast Uninstall Utility 5F2053A8265A49C2429A60C345DCF9C8
- If a pop-up message indicates that the MD5 hash matches, ...then you have successfully downloaded the whole setup file and you can begin the installation of Avast Antivirus:
- Avast Ultimate 18.x
- Avast Premier 18.x
- Avast Internet Security 18.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 18.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 18.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit