When trying to run Avast Antivirus installation, the error Package Broken or Not a Valid Win32 Application appears because of an incomplete download. The best solution is to try to download the setup file again.
If the same error appears, check the integrity of the Avast Antivirus setup file you downloaded with the MD5 & SHA-1 Checksum Utility, to find out if your file download is corrupted.
For more information about the MD5 read the following article on Wikipedia:
To verify that you have downloaded the whole Avast Antivirus setup file which is not corrupted, follow these steps:
- Download your Avast Antivirus setup file from the following links:
- Once you have downloaded your setup file, you can compare its MD5 hash with the correct one using a third party MD5 checksum utility, for example:
- Run the MD5 & SHA-1 Checksum Utility.
- Click the Browse button on the right, ...and open the Avast Antivirus setup file which you have downloaded.
- Copy the appropriate MD5 hash from the following table which shows the correct MD5 hash of each setup file verified on our server:
...paste it to the Hash field and click the Verify button.
Product edition MD5 hash Avast Premier 17.x 623148298BCED27C1AC1496BE2BE9F0B Avast Internet Security 17.x AFD87FA0F0A439AEDED604FF3D52CE0E Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x 2B6FCD86FC888AC1FB86B41C4A3654FB Avast Free Antivirus 17.x FA1A1F26D0ED7F4A8EEA0AE69038A9FB Avast Uninstall Utility 17A8F4ED59C8A0DD531B79AD18061921
- If a pop-up message indicates that the MD5 hash matches, ...then you have successfully downloaded the whole setup file and you can begin the installation of Avast Antivirus:
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit