In the latest version of Avast Secure Browser, you may experience issues accessing Bank Mode via the Security & Privacy Center.
We have identified the cause of this problem, and we are actively working on a solution. Until this solution is implemented, we recommend opening Bank Mode using an alternative method. You can also use the troubleshooting steps in this article to manually resolve the issue.
Open using an alternative method
We recommend opening Bank Mode using one of the methods below:
- Open Avast Secure Browser, and go to
⋮Menu (three dots) ▸ New Bank Mode Window.
- Right-click the Avast Antivirus icon in your system tray and select Run Bank Mode.
- Open Avast Secure Browser, and press the
Bkey simultaneously on your keyboard.
Bank Mode is now open and you can continue to use the feature as normal.
You may be able to resolve the issue by updating your Avast Secure Browser extensions. Follow the steps below:
- Open Avast Secure Browser, enter
secure://extensionsin the address bar, then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Click the OFF slider next to Developer mode so that it changes to ON.
- Click the Update button.
- After you see the Extensions updated message at the bottom of the screen, try again to open Bank Mode via the Security & Privacy Center.
Bank Mode should open normally now. If the issue persists, try these possible solutions:
- Ensure the latest version of your Avast Antivirus application is installed on your PC. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Repair your Avast Antivirus application. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Uninstall and then reinstall Avast Secure Browser.
If you still cannot open Bank Mode via the Security & Privacy Center, we recommend using an alternative method.
- Avast Secure Browser 88.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1 with Convenient Rollup Update, 32 / 64-bit