macOS versions 10.13 or higher require user approval before loading new, third-party kernel extensions. Avast Security for Mac uses kernel extensions for real-time protection features. To ensure that Avast Security for Mac can fully protect your system, you need to manually allow Avast Software extensions.
Allow Avast Software extensions
- Click Go To System Preferences from the warning dialog that appears in Avast Security. Alternatively, open System Preferences from the Dock or the Apple menu, then open Security & Privacy.
- Ensure the General tab is selected.
- Click the Allow button next to System software from developer "AVAST Software a.s." was blocked from loading.
- Avast Security 12.9 for Mac or higher
- Avast Security Pro 12.9 for Mac or higher
- Apple macOS 10.13.x or higher