When should I cancel my Avast subscription if I don't want to be charged?
How can I cancel my Avast subscription?
Will I get a refund after I cancel my subscription?
No. After you cancel an Avast subscription, you do not receive a refund for any time that is remaining on your subscription. You can continue to use your paid Avast products until the end of the current subscription period. To learn more about Avast's refund policy, and for instructions on requesting a refund, refer to the following article:
What happens after I cancel my subscription?
After you cancel an Avast subscription, you can continue to use your paid Avast products until the end of the current subscription period. At this point, you can either renew the subscription, or lose access to the paid products and features.
Do I need to cancel my Avast free trial?
If you entered payment card details before starting a free trial, you need to cancel the trial subscription before it ends if you do not want to continue using the paid features. If you do not cancel the trial subscription, you are charged for the next subscription period on the last day of the your free trial.
Follow the instructions for canceling your Avast subscription, which also apply to Avast trial subscriptions.
Which subscriptions can I cancel via my Avast Account?
Avast is partnered with the established eCommerce provider Digital River, which manages the online sale and distribution of most Avast subscriptions.
Subscription purchases that were processed by Digital River can be canceled via your Avast Account. If your subscription purchase was processed by a different authorized eCommerce partner (such as Nexway, AstroPay, or Cleverbridge), you need to use an alternative cancellation method.
To verify which authorized eCommerce partner processed your subscription purchase, check the order confirmation email that you received after purchase, or your debit/credit card statement. For more information, refer to the following article:
What if I can't cancel a subscription via my Avast Account?
Try the possible solutions below:
- If you do not yet have an Avast Account, you can create a new Avast Account with the same email address that you used to purchase the subscription. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article:
- You cannot cancel a subscription purchased via Google Play Store or the App Store using your Avast Account. For instructions on canceling a subscription via one of these vendors, refer to the following article:
- If an Avast subscription does not appear in your Avast Account, you can manually add the subscription to your Avast Account. For more information, refer to the following article:
- The option to cancel via your Avast Account is not available for all Avast subscriptions. If you are unable to cancel a subscription via your Avast Account, refer to the following article:
How can I start using my Avast subscription on a new device?
To learn how to transfer your Avast subscription from one device to another, refer to the following article:
What if this article did not resolve my issue?
If this article does not resolve your issue, we recommend contacting Avast Support for further assistance.
- All paid Avast consumer products
- All supported operating systems