Data and programming interfaces in Android are protected by permissions. Permissions required by Avast Mobile Security are the minimum set that are needed to implement the functionality. We take your privacy very seriously and we do not use the permissions to transmit private data to our servers or to cause unwanted costs to your phone bill.
Permissions required by Avast Mobile Security are divided into the following groups, which consist of a permission name and short description that explains what the permission does and why the app needs it. This article describes only the most important permissions. To check the full list of permissions on your device:
- Open Settings on your device.
- Search for App permissions.
- Select Avast Mobile Security from your list of installed apps.
Tap or click one of the following permission group names to read more about the permission:
- Allows adding and modifying calendar events.
- Allows Anti-Theft to take pictures of a potential thief.
- Allows App Locking to restore a PIN.
- Allows accessing contact details and device accounts to log in via Google Account.
- Allows Anti-Theft to store settings in the cloud.
- Allows Anti-Theft to access your location based on your network and GPS. Thanks to this permission your device may be located when it is lost or stolen.
- Allows Anti-Theft to record the audio of surroundings when your device is lost or stolen.
Allows Call Blocker to manage the following:
- Managing and terminating phone calls.
- Getting notified of a new phone call and retrieving it.
- Removing a number from the history when it is blocked.
- For accessing files in the device storage and scanning them for security threats.
- For deleting malware and junk files from storage.
- For communicating with our servers and downloading virus database updates.
- For triggering updates and scanning new networks.
- For monitoring Wi-Fi changes.
- Avast Mobile Security 6.x
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher