Avast Mobile Security for Android is a security app that protects mobile devices against unwanted phishing, malware, and spyware, as well as malicious viruses such as trojans. In addition, the embedded Anti-Theft feature allows you to locate and track your lost or stolen device on a map with our web-based mobile tracking, which uses GPS and other triangulation methods.
This article answers common questions related to the features, settings, and general use of Avast Mobile Security for Android.
Download and installation
What are the system requirements for Avast Mobile Security for Android?
You can install and run the latest version of Avast Mobile Security on any device running operating systems Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) and higher.
Avast Mobile Security supports both Android phones and tablets. The app is compatible with all ARM Android devices. However, each vendor or manufacturer makes slight changes in their devices, so some features may behave unexpectedly or, in rare cases, not work. Please note that Avast cannot cover all vendor customizations to the OS. However, we gladly accept feedback if you experience any compatibility issues on your Android device.
If you are using a custom ROM, the app may not work as expected. Please report any feedback to Avast Support.
- Not supported on devices running Google Android 4.4 (KitKat, API 19) or lower. However, if you are using an older version of Avast Mobile Security on those systems, you can still receive updates to the virus database.
- Not supported and cannot be installed or run on Symbian, iOS, Microsoft Windows Phone/Mobile, Bada, WebOS, or any mobile operating system other than Android. This app does not work on iPhone or iPad devices.
How can I download and install Avast Mobile Security on Android?
- Download and install the latest version of Avast Mobile Security from Google Play Store.
- Once the installation is complete, tap Open to run the app.
- Tap Get Started, then select Continue With Ads to use the free version of Avast Mobile Security, or tap Upgrade Now to get Avast Mobile Security Premium with additional features and functionality.
If you experience any issues with your installation of Avast Mobile Security, we recommend that you fully uninstall the app and then reinstall Avast Mobile Security by repeating the steps above.
How can I uninstall Avast Mobile Security from Android?
To fully uninstall Avast Mobile Security from Android:
- Open your device Settings, search for
Device Admin, and open Device Admin apps.
- Deactivate the Device Admin permission for Avast Mobile Security.
- Open your device Settings and go to Apps.
- Select Avast Mobile Security, then tap Force Stop from the App info screen.
- In the Storage section, tap Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- Tap the back arrow to return to the App info screen and select Uninstall.
Avast Mobile Security is no longer installed on your Android device.
Subscription and activation
Why has Avast Mobile Security Pro changed to Avast Mobile Security Premium?
With the launch of Avast Premium Security, we have made changes to some of our existing paid Avast mobile products. Avast Mobile Security Pro on Android continues as Avast Mobile Security Premium with no changes to product features or functionality. For more information about Avast Premium Security, refer to the following article:
What are the benefits of upgrading to Avast Mobile Security Premium for Android?
Avast Mobile Security for Android is available as both a free and paid version. When you upgrade to Avast Mobile Security Premium, you can take advantage of the following premium features and enhancements:
- Remove ads: eliminate third-party ads from your Mobile Security experience.
- App Locking: protect access to your apps with a PIN.
- Anti-Theft: use additional options that help you protect and locate your lost or stolen device.
- Camera trap: capture a photo of the thief when an incorrect PIN is entered.
- Audio recording: secretly record the phone's surroundings at any time.
- Last known location: sends a location notification to your Avast Account when the device battery is dying.
- PIN security: locks your device and sounds an alarm after 8 failed unlock attempts.
- SIM security: locks your device and sounds an alarm when the SIM card is changed.
- Photo Vault: secure storage of an unlimited number of photos.
- Avast Direct Support: receive prioritized responses to your support inquiries.
What features are included in the other paid versions of Avast Mobile Security for Android?
In addition to Avast Mobile Security Premium for Android, we also offer the following paid products:
- Avast Mobile Ultimate: includes Avast Mobile Security Premium, Avast Cleanup Premium, and Avast SecureLine VPN for use on up to 5 Android devices simultaneously.
- Avast Ultimate (Multi-Device): comes with all features included in Avast Mobile Ultimate, and additionally includes product packages for Windows, Mac, and iOS. Avast Ultimate (Multi-Device) can be activated on up to 10 devices simultaneously, on the platforms of your choice. For more information, refer to the following article:
- Avast Premium Security (Multi-Device): includes Avast Mobile Security Premium for Android, Avast Mobile Security Premium for iOS, Avast Premium Security for Windows, and Avast Premium Security for Mac for use on up to 10 devices on the platforms of your choice.
- Avast Mobile Pro Plus: includes Avast Mobile Security Premium and Avast Cleanup Premium for use on up to 5 Android devices.
How do I purchase and activate a paid version of Avast Mobile Security on Android?
The paid versions of Avast Mobile Security are available as an upgrade from the free version of Avast Mobile Security. To purchase and activate a paid version, follow these steps:
- Open Avast Mobile Security, then tap Upgrade in the top-right corner of the main app screen.
- Select your preferred product and subscription plan.
- Tap Upgrade Now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the transaction.
When the transaction completes, your paid version of Avast Mobile Security is automatically activated on your device. Your purchased subscription is valid across all devices that have Avast Mobile Security installed and are connected to your Google Account.
Is my subscription for the paid version of Avast Mobile Security also valid for other paid Avast apps?
If you purchase Avast Mobile Security Premium for Android, your subscription is only valid for this app. Avast Premium Security (Multi-Device), Mobile Ultimate, and Ultimate (Multi-Device) also include subscriptions for other paid Avast apps.
What happens if I upgrade from my current subscription to a different subscription?
When you upgrade from one paid version of Avast Mobile Security to another (for example, from Avast Mobile Security Premium to Avast Mobile Ultimate), Google Play Store automatically calculates how much of your original subscription was unused. To compensate you for the value of this unused subscription, you receive free access to the new paid product for a limited time period. This means that you are not immediately charged when you activate your new paid subscription. The length of your free access period depends on how much of your original subscription was unused. When the free access period ends, your new paid subscription automatically begins and you are charged for your chosen subscription plan. The date of your first payment is displayed during the subscription upgrade.
How can I activate my Avast Mobile Security subscription on other devices?
Your paid Avast Mobile Security subscription is automatically activated on your primary Android device during your subscription purchase. To activate Avast Mobile Security on other devices, refer to the following articles:
- Activating a paid version of Avast Mobile Security on Android
- Activating Avast Premium Security (Multi-Device)
- Activating Avast Mobile Ultimate
- Activating Avast Ultimate (Multi-Device)
How can I cancel my subscription for Avast Mobile Security on Android?
Uninstalling Avast Mobile Security Premium from your Android device does not cancel your subscription, and you will continue to be charged for the subscription until you cancel it. To cancel a subscription, ensure that you are signed into the Google Account that you used to purchase the subscription, then follow these steps:
- Open Google Play Store on your device.
- Select ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Subscriptions.
- Select Avast Mobile Security Premium from your list of subscriptions.
- Tap Cancel ▸ Cancel Subscription.
- Follow any on-screen instructions to complete cancellation of your subscription.
Your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
For more information, refer to the following article:
What is Scan?
The Scan button scans all apps installed on your device and informs you about security risks caused by changes in default Android settings.
Avast Mobile Security automatically scans newly installed apps the first time they are run. If malware is detected, Avast Mobile Security offers to uninstall the app or to delete the file. If an app or file as incorrectly identified as malware, you can report the false-positive detection directly to Avast Threat Labs.
To schedule automatic scans, go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ Protection ▸ Scheduled scan. Ensure the slider at the top is orange (On), tap Scan time to set a specific time for the scan to run, and select Scan days by ticking the box(es) next to the days when you want the scan to automatically run.
What is Boost RAM?
Tap the Boost RAM tile on the main app screen to kill any apps running in the background of your device. This action prevents apps from slowing down your device and draining your battery. When complete, the amount of freed space and number of killed apps is displayed.
What is Clean Junk?
When you tap the Clean Junk tile on the main app screen, Avast Mobile Security analyzes the space on your device and displays the amount of storage space that is being used by junk files. You can view the specific types of junk files that have been detected by tapping the Safe clean tile. Untick any items that you don't want to be cleaned, then free space on your device by tapping Clean.
This feature cleans three types of files:
- Temporary app files: temporary data that can be deleted with no impact on app functionality.
- Advertisement cache: data from folders where ad systems save their resources.
- Used installation files: APK files used by sources other than Google Play.
To free up further space, install the Avast Cleanup app directly from the Safe clean results screen.
What is Scan Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi Security?
The Scan Wi-Fi tile on the main app screen scans your network for problems with your router, encryption, Wi-Fi, and connection. When this action is complete, the app advises whether the network you are connected to is safe. Any detected issues are described, along with instructions to resolve the issues. After scanning, the Scan Wi-Fi tile changes to Check Speed. You can also access the Scan Wi-Fi feature via ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Wi-Fi Security, or by tapping the Scan button on the main app screen.
What is Check Speed / Wi-Fi Speed?
Once the Wi-Fi network that you are currently connected to has been scanned for problems using Scan Wi-Fi, the Scan Wi-Fi tile becomes Check Speed. When you tap Check Speed, the app measures and rates your network's current download and upload speeds. This feature is also accessible via ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Wi-Fi Speed.
What is Power Save?
Power Save allows you to adjust a range of settings that may reduce your device's battery consumption. Access power save by selecting ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Power Save, then tap Activate Power Save to enable Power Save. Tap Power Save Settings to configure how your device behaves when Power Save is activated, alternatively you can use the default configuration.
What is Call Blocker?
Call Blocker enables you to block calls from blacklisted numbers. You can choose to blacklist calls from:
- All unknown numbers.
- All hidden numbers.
- A chosen contact from your contacts list.
- A chosen number that you have entered manually into the app.
To access Call Blocker, go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Call Blocker. When a call is blocked, the caller is automatically redirected to voice mail.
View a list of calls that have been blocked by tapping History in the Call Blocker menu.
What are App Insights?
App Insights provides you with usage information about the apps on your device, data consumption details, and allows you to view which permissions are required by each of your installed apps. To access App Insights, go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ App Insights, then select from the tabs along the top of the screen.
The Permissions tab lists all apps installed on your device. Tap any app to view the following information:
- The version number of the app and amount of space it occupies on your device.
- Details of the permissions required by the app.
- Details of any known ad networks that the app is connected to.
You can also uninstall or stop non-system apps directly from this screen.
What is Data Usage?
Data Usage monitors your data consumption and helps you avoid additional charges by notifying you when you approach the limit. To manage Data Usage, go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ Data Usage and specify or check the following:
- Data package size: set your data package size.
- Day of month to reset: select the day when your data is reset every month.
- Recommended daily limit: this is automatically calculated from the cycle limit.
- Data Usage alerts: specify if you want to receive data usage notifications each time you exceed the daily limit or reach the cycle limit.
What is App Locking?
App Locking is a paid feature in Avast Mobile Security Premium that protects your sensitive apps with a PIN or pattern. If your device is configured to unlock the screen by using a fingerprint, you can also use this option for App Locking. To enable this feature, follow these steps:
- Go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ App Locking.
- Tap Set Up Now, then follow the on-screen instructions to set a new PIN code and grant necessary permissions.
- Tap Activate App Locking.
- Tap the slider next to an app you want to protect so that it changes to ON. Locked apps appear under Protected apps. Unlocked apps appear under either Recommended to lock or Unprotected apps.
Once App Locking is enabled, modify your App Locking settings by tapping
⋮ (three dots) ▸ Settings in the top-right corner of the main App Locking screen. The following options are available:
- Select PIN & pattern to create or change your PIN, set a pattern, or set to unlock with fingerprint.
- Select App Locking timeout to specify when apps are locked.
App Locking is now configured and ready to use. To disable it, tap the slider at the top of the main App Locking screen so it changes to OFF.
What is Anti-Theft?
Anti-Theft is designed to protect your private mobile data and help you recover your device in the case of loss or theft. You can configure Anti-Theft to automatically perform certain actions, for example, to sound an alarm if an untrusted SIM card is detected. To configure your settings for Anti-Theft, go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Anti-Theft. When you upgrade to a paid version of Avast Mobile Security, you can use additional options that help you protect and locate your lost or stolen device:
- Camera trap: captures a photo of the thief when an incorrect PIN is entered.
- Audio recording: secretly records the phone's surroundings at any time.
- Last known location: sends a location notification to your Avast Account when the device battery is dying.
- PIN security: locks your device and sounds an alarm after 8 failed unlock attempts.
- SIM security: locks your device and sounds an alarm when the SIM card is changed.
For more information about Anti-Theft, refer to the following article:
What is Photo Vault?
Photo Vault allows you to protect access to your photos with a PIN code. Photos that are moved to Photo Vault are encrypted and hidden. Open Photo Vault by selecting ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Photo Vault. To add a photo to the Photo Vault, tap (the plus icon) and select one of the following options:
- Recover old Vault: this option appears if you uninstalled Avast Mobile Security with photos stored in your Photo Vault, then re-installed the app. When you select this option, photos from the previous Vault are added automatically to your new Vault.
- Take new photo: allows you to take photos and directly add them to the Photo Vault.
- Take a photo with your camera.
- Tap OK to place the photo in the Vault, or tap Retry to take the photo again.
- Import from gallery: allows you to select photos from your existing gallery.
- Tick the photo(s) that you want to protect.
- Tap Hide now.
If you want to remove photos from the Photo Vault, tick the photo(s) and tap the relevant icon at the top of the screen:
- Export icon: exports a photo back to the original location and makes it visible to others.
- Trash icon: removes a photo from the Vault and from the original location. This step cannot be undone.
If you forget your PIN:
- When you are asked to enter your PIN, tap
⋮Menu (three dots) in the top-right corner and select Reset PIN.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your PIN using your Google Account credentials.
In the free version of Avast Mobile Security, you can protect up to 50 photos. To secure an unlimited number of photos, upgrade to a paid version of Avast Mobile Security.
What is Clipboard Cleaner?
Clipboard Cleaner is a feature that clears your clipboard to prevent possible privacy leaks. If you are not interested in using Clipboard Cleaner, you can disable it by selecting ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ Notifications & alerts ▸ Realtime protection. Tap the slider next to Clipboard cleaner notification so it changes to OFF.
What is VPN Protection?
The VPN Protection feature allows you to connect to the internet via secure Avast VPN servers, using an encrypted tunnel to protect your online activity from eavesdropping. VPN in Avast Mobile Security for Android offers:
- Protection: when many people are connected to the same public network, attackers can capture sensitive data, such as logins and passwords. The encrypted VPN connection provides effective protection against these types of attacks.
- Anonymization: with broadband connections, many people have fixed IP addresses, which can be tracked when browsing sensitive sites. With a VPN connection, the browsing session is effectively anonymized, as the IP address the remote server sees is the address of the VPN server, not the user.
- Access content around the world: when you are connected to a VPN server in another location, you gain access to content that may be restricted in your location. This allows you to browse freely, even from countries with web censorship.
How can I add the VPN feature to Avast Mobile Security for Android?
The VPN feature in Avast Mobile Security is available for Android devices with an Avast Mobile Ultimate or Ultimate (Multi-Device) subscription.
Can I use my subscription for Avast SecureLine VPN to activate the VPN feature in Avast Mobile Security for Android?
No. In this case you would continue to use Avast SecureLine VPN as a separate app. However, the activation code from an Avast Mobile Ultimate or Ultimate (Multi-Device) subscription can be used to activate either the VPN feature in Avast Mobile Security or Avast SecureLine VPN (for use on up to 5 devices simultaneously).
How do I change the notifications I see in Avast Mobile Security for Android?
To access your settings for Notifications & alerts, go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ Notifications & alerts. Notifications and alerts are divided into several sections:
- Realtime protection
- Permanent notification: ensures complete protection by preventing Android stopping Avast Mobile Security from running in the background. It also ensures that App Locking works properly.
- Clipboard cleaner notification: notifies you if you have content copied to your clipboard and offers to clear it to prevent privacy leaks.
- Sensitive app notification: notifies you when a sensitive app is installed and prompts you to protect access to the sensitive app by using App Locking.
- App Install Shield notification: informs you if the app you are installing or updating is safe.
- Scan complete popups: displays a popup to inform you immediately when a scan completes and the results are ready to show.
- Browser history cleaner: offers to clear your browser history to protect your privacy.
- Low battery ping: prompts you to turn on Last Known Location so that you can locate your phone after the battery dies, or even after your phone is turned off. Last Known Location is a setting within the Anti-Theft feature.
- Sensitive content detected: detects when sensitive web content is displayed and recommends that you use a VPN.
- Task killing notification: notifies you about apps running in the background and offers to stop them. This is connected to the Boost RAM tile on the main app screen.
- Lower battery warning: informs you when your battery power reaches 30%.
- Safe Clean: notifies you when more than 50 MB of unnecessary files are found on your device and recommends that you clean your device.
- Wi-Fi networking
- Unknown network dialog: offers to check security, test speed, and secure connection when connecting to an unknown network.
- Security scan: suggests scanning your network for security threats.
- Speed test: offers to check your connection speed.
- Auto-scan unknown networks: automatically scans new Wi-Fi networks for security threats.
- Data Usage alerts
- Cycle usage reaches: informs you when data usage reaches a percentage level that you specify.
- Cycle limit is reached: notifies you when your data cycle limit has been reached.
- Daily limit is reached: notifies you when your daily data limit has been reached.
- Always show data usage in notifications: always displays data usage in notifications.
- Avast promotions: in paid versions of Avast Mobile Security, you can enable or disable special offers and information about other Avast products that may improve the performance of your device.
How can I disable or customize permanent notification?
The permanent notification ensures your device's complete protection by preventing Android from stopping Avast Mobile Security processes. On devices running Android 8.0 or higher, disabling the permanent notification is not an option. However, the notification can be minimized or configured for minimal interruption via your device settings. For more information, refer to the article below:
You can customize the permanent notification on all Android versions via the app settings. Go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ Notifications & alerts ▸ Realtime protection ▸ Permanent notification. The following options are available:
- Dark theme: displays a dark background with four icons corresponding to different notifications.
- Light theme: displays a light background with four icons corresponding to different notifications.
- Standard design: displays the current protection-state of your device (similar to the earlier version of the app).
When an action is required, the relevant icon changes to red. Tap the icon for further instructions. For example, when the Scan Wi-Fi icon is red, tap it to scan your Wi-Fi for potential security issues. To prevent an icon from changing to the alert-state, disable the corresponding notification in
☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ Notifications & alerts.
How can I customize shields in the protection settings?
Protection components monitor and scan your device to detect suspicious activity and protect you against malware and viruses.
Go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ Protection to access the following options:
- Scheduled scan: allows you to set a schedule for scanning. Select a day of the week and time for the app to scan your device automatically.
- Ignored issues: shows a list of ignored issues, if you did not fix them after a scan.
- App Install Shield: scans apps after installation.
- File Shield: scans your device for malicious files.
- Web Shield Lite: protects against phishing and other malicious websites.
- Web Shield with Accessibility: scans each URL that loads and warns you when the browser loads a malware-infected URL. This shield supports 13 popular browsers, including the native Android browser, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Dolphin, and UC Browser. It requires the Accessibility permission to secure your device while browsing the web. You are prompted to grant this permission in Android System Settings when you enable this shield for the first time.
- Internal storage scanning: scans files that are stored in your internal storage. Enabling this option may prolong the scanning process.
- Low reputation apps: scans apps and compares them to Avast user ratings, and warns you about apps with a low reputation.
- PUP detection: marks Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) as malware and handles them accordingly.
What is the PIN & pattern section?
The PIN & pattern section is linked to the App Locking feature. Go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ App Locking to set a PIN code or a pattern to protect access to your apps with App Locking. If your device is configured to unlock the screen by using a fingerprint, you can also use this option for App Locking.
How can I change App Locking timeout settings?
To specify when apps will be locked by the App Locking feature, go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ App Locking and tap App Locking timeout. The following options are available:
- Immediately: locks an app immediately after you send it to the background.
- 10 seconds: locks an app 10 seconds after you send it to the background.
- 30 seconds: locks an app 30 seconds after you send it to the background.
- 1 minute: locks an app 1 minute after you send it to the background.
- When screen turns off: locks an app when your device screen turns off.
When this or another app managed by App Locking is launched within the selected timeout, the countdown stops and restarts. Regardless of the timeout settings, App Locking always locks your apps when your screen turns off.
When one app is unlocked, all other apps managed by App Locking are also automatically unlocked so you can access all your apps within the timeout period.
Where can I find the app's Activity Log?
The Activity Log is available in ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ Activity log.
The Activity Log allows you to see all activity by Avast Mobile Security for Android. This mainly includes updates and scans. Clear the Activity Log by tapping the trash icon.
How can I control what data I share with Avast and third parties?
The Personal Privacy section helps us to understand your needs better and improve our product based on the data that you agree to share with us.
If you do not want to participate in the collection of anonymous data, go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ Personal Privacy, then tap the slider so it changes to OFF next to the following options:
- All versions of Avast Mobile Security
- Share usage data with third parties for analytics: allows app and device usage data to be shared with third parties for analytics.
- Paid versions of Avast Mobile Security
- Community IQ: collects security-related information to help us improve our threat database.
- Help improve other Avast apps: sends usage data to Avast to help us improve our other apps.
What if my paid subscription does not work in Avast Mobile Security for Android?
If Avast Mobile Security does not detect your valid subscription and the app displays the subscription not found message when you try to restore your subscription, refer to the following article:
Why does Avast show ads in Avast Mobile Security for Android?
Avast offers both a free version and the paid Avast Mobile Security Premium for Android. Avast Mobile Security Premium is ad-free and includes a range of additional premium features and benefits. To support the ongoing development of the app, the free version includes advertisements that do not interfere with app usage.
How can I disable third-party ads in Avast Mobile Security for Android?
Upgrade to the paid version of Avast Mobile Security to remove ads. To upgrade, go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Remove ads and select a subscription plan. After upgrading, ads for third-party products and services no longer appear in the app. Information about other Avast products will still appear unless you disable these notifications. To disable notifications about other Avast products, select ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ Notifications & alerts and tap the slider next to Avast promotions so it changes to OFF.
What should I do if the Accessibility permission is disabled repeatedly?
To improve performance, some Android devices force apps to stop when your device screen turns off. This often causes apps with the Accessibility permission to lose this permission.
To re-enable the Accessibility permission, open your device settings, search for
Accessibility, then grant this permission to Avast Mobile Security.
We recommend changing your system settings to prevent the app from losing the permission. For detailed instructions, refer to the article below:
How can I reset the PIN for App Locking?
If you forget your App Locking PIN, reset it by following these steps:
- Go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ PIN & pattern ▸ Change PIN.
⋮(three dots) in the top-right corner and select Reset PIN.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the PIN using your Google Account credentials.
What should I do if Avast Mobile Security for Android crashes or stops running?
Try one of the following options:
- Fully uninstall and then reinstall Avast Mobile Security.
- Report the issue to Avast Support so that our support representatives can perform a deeper analysis of the issue.
- Join the Avast Beta program to test the latest versions of Avast Android apps before public release. This means that you receive app updates and bug fixes earlier.
- If you are running Android 7.9 or lower, ensure that Permanent notification is enabled. If it is disabled, Android may kill the Avast Mobile Security process and stop the app. On Android 8 and higher it is not possible to disable the Permanent notification.
What can I do when Avast Mobile Security for Android cannot remove malware?
In some cases, Avast Mobile Security for Android detects malware but cannot uninstall it. This is usually caused by the level of permissions granted to the suspicious app or by the app being installed as a system app (for example on rooted devices). For more details, refer to the following article:
How can I report a false positive detection to Avast Threat Labs?
In some cases, Avast Mobile Security for Android may detect and mark a clean file as malware. You can report false detections to Avast Threat Labs directly from the scan results screen:
⋮(three dots) next to the detected file that you want to report.
- Select the Report as false positive option.
- Type a description of the issue and enter your email address (if you want to be notified when the file analysis is finished).
- Tap Send.
How can I disable sound alerts for background notifications from Avast Mobile Security?
On certain Honor or Huawei devices, a sound plays each time you receive a notification from Avast Mobile Security. To prevent this, follow the steps below on your Honor or Huawei device:
- Open your Android Settings and go to Apps & notifications.
- Select Notifications management, then tap Avast Mobile Security.
- Select Background services.
- Tap the blue (ON) slider next to Ringtone, so it changes to gray (OFF).
A sound no longer plays each time you receive a notification from Avast Mobile Security.
How does Avast Mobile Security protect my Android device?
When configured correctly, Avast Mobile Security protects your Android device from known malware and threats, and monitors data going in and out according to your preferences. We do our best to protect your device against all possible threats, but no solution is 100% effective.
Like all products on the Android market, it is subject to limitations imposed by the operating system version that is running on the device. It cannot protect against exploits targeting specific vulnerabilities in the OS kernel, the network stack and other fundamental parts of the system. However, we take our role in the security industry seriously, and continuously work with Android vendors to develop future solutions to minimize the risk of attacks.
How can I check if my virus definitions are updated?
Virus definitions are updated automatically. Go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ Updates to check the virus definitions version and the date when it was installed. You can also tap Check For Update to make sure that you have the latest version installed. To prevent Avast Mobile Security from updating when you are using mobile data to connect to the internet, tap the slider next to Update over Wi-Fi only so that it changes to ON. We do not recommend keeping this setting enabled.
How do I find out which version of Avast Mobile Security is installed on my Android device?
To see this information, go to ☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ About. The version number is displayed under Avast Mobile Security.
Why does Avast Mobile Security for Android need so many permissions?
Avast Mobile Security for Android requires many permissions that may initially seem unnecessary. This is because permission classifications in Android are assigned a name based on the most common use case, but does not describe all the kinds of processes that require the permission. For example, full internet access permission is required to receive updates to malware definitions, and Scan and Web Shield need permission to read phone data so the data can be scanned for threats.
We take your privacy very seriously. The permissions requested are the minimum set that are needed to implement the functionality of Avast Mobile Security for Android. For more information, refer to the following article:
What is the Avast Account?
Avast Account is a portal where you can manage all Avast subscriptions that are registered to your email address. These subscriptions can be for any Avast product across all of your devices. The Avast Account also allows you to use the Anti-Theft feature to control your Android device remotely.
For more information, refer to the following article:
How much battery does Avast Mobile Security use?
Avast Mobile Security for Android is designed to have minimal impact on battery life. Testing across multiple devices shows that all services by this app generally take up less than 5% of battery consumption. (By comparison, the Launcher can take up about 15% and Gmail about 8%.) During a few operations, Avast Mobile Security can reach, at maximum, 20% of battery use at the peak of CPU use (about 30-60 seconds).
Why has the Firewall feature been removed from Avast Mobile Security?
The Firewall feature in Avast Mobile Security depended on access to several system features that required root privileges. Due to low usage of the Firewall feature, and the risks associated with using a rooted device, we have removed Firewall from Avast Mobile Security version 6.27 and higher. All rules previously set in Firewall are automatically removed when you update to Avast Mobile Security version 6.27 or higher.
Avast does not recommend rooting. A rooted device is generally not as secure and users who choose to root their device are exposed to higher risks.
Rooting is a process that allows Android users to attain privileged control of their device (known as root access) within the Android system. Rooting allows the user to override limitations set by carriers and hardware manufacturers. This makes it possible to alter or replace system applications and settings, and run specialized apps that require administrator-level permissions.
How is Avast Mobile Security for Android different from Avast Antivirus for desktop computers?
The Scan feature and Shields included in Avast Mobile Security for Android use different definitions than the ones used in our antivirus software for PCs. The application is customized to run on mobile devices, and so the definitions are specific to malware that attacks mobile platforms. This saves your device from being overloaded by our PC antivirus engine, which includes an enormous amount of malware data that is not relevant to your mobile device.
How can I report an issue to Avast Support?
We offer many self-help articles on the Avast Support pages. However, some issues may require deeper investigation by Avast Support.
Report any issues to our support team by following the steps in the article below:
How can I provide feedback about the app?
You can report any issues to our support team by following the steps in the article below:
You can provide feedback, or show appreciation and support for Avast mobile products using any method below:
- Write a review on Google Play Store.
- Tell your friends about our software on Facebook or Twitter.
- Post reviews in Android related forums.
- Join the Avast Android beta program.
What other mobile apps does Avast offer?
Avast has created the following apps to improve the security and performance of your mobile device, and protect you from hackers and thieves:
- Avast Mobile Security 6.x for Android
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher