What is Avast Driver Updater?
Avast Driver Updater is a PC performance tool that scans your hardware for broken and outdated drivers, and then updates them to reduce and prevent problems with your PC.
Why should I update my drivers?
Drivers are used by manufacturers to fix issues related to hardware and to ensure best compatibility with the operating system on your PC. Without the latest drivers, your PC may encounter stability problems and stop working properly. An outdated driver can also create security vulnerabilities and enable hackers to infect or access your system and personal data.
What does Avast Driver Updater scan?
Avast Driver Updater scans the hardware devices that need drivers to work properly on your operating system. These devices can include printers, scanners, digital cameras, network and video adapters, as well as sound and graphics cards.
Is using Avast Driver Updater safe for my PC and my data?
During an update, Avast Driver Updater downloads verified manufacturer's driver installers. Additionally, before updating drivers, Avast Driver Updater backs up all drivers and creates a Windows system restore point. This enables you to restore previously updated drivers or use the Windows system restore point to return to the previous state of your system in case there are any problems with the newly updated drivers.
Download and Installation
What are the system requirements for Avast Driver Updater?
- Windows 11 except Mixed Reality and IoT Edition; Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit).
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE3 instructions).
- 1 GB RAM or above.
- 1 GB free space on the hard disk.
- Internet connection to download, activate, and use the application.
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels is recommended.
How do I download and install Avast Driver Updater?
- Click the button below to download the Avast Driver Updater setup file, and save it to a familiar location on your PC (by default, downloaded files are saved to your Downloads folder). Download Avast Driver Updater
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
avast_driver_updater_online_setup.exeand select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Avast Driver Updater on your PC.
Is Avast Driver Updater a free product?
No. Avast Driver Updater is a paid product that requires a subscription to use. You can download Avast Driver Updater and use it in scan-only mode without a subscription. This allows you to scan your PC for outdated drivers, however, you need to activate Avast Driver Updater with a paid subscription to update your drivers.
Is Avast Driver Updater included in Avast Antivirus?
No. Avast Driver Updater requires a separate subscription to use. You cannot use another Avast product subscription to activate Avast Driver Updater.
Can I use Avast Driver Updater without installing Avast Antivirus?
Yes. Avast Driver Updater can be installed as a standalone application, without Avast Free Antivirus or Avast Premium Security installed.
Subscription and Activation
How do I activate Avast Driver Updater?
How do I check when my subscription expires?
Open Avast Driver Updater and go to
☰ Menu ▸ My subscriptions. The duration of your subscription is listed under Subscriptions on this PC.
Can I use my Avast Driver Updater subscription on multiple devices?
No. An Avast Driver Updater subscription can only be activated on one device.
How can I cancel my Avast Driver Updater subscription?
For detailed instructions about how to cancel your subscription, refer to the following article:
Usage and Settings
How do I use Avast Driver Updater?
For detailed instructions about how to use Avast Driver Updater, refer to the following article:
How do I update a previously skipped or ignored driver?
- Open Avast Driver Updater and click See overview or See outdated.
- In the Ignored and Skipped list, click the arrow on the panel of the driver you want to update.
- Click Stop skipping or Stop Ignoring.
- Click Update All.
Avast Driver Updater now updates your previously skipped or ignored driver.
Can I set Avast Driver Updater to automatically update my drivers?
Avast Driver Updater automatically scans your hardware every 7 days and notifies you when it detects outdated drivers. To update your drivers, Click Update Now on the notification, or open Avast Driver Updater and click Update All.
What does 'unsuccessful update' mean?
If you see the message 'unsuccessful update', it means that something went wrong when Avast Driver Updater tried to update the driver. Click the arrow on the panel of the driver to view more details, then click … More options(three dots), and select Skip update. Try to update the driver again later.
How can I restore a previous driver version?
Avast Driver Updater stores a backup of each driver before updating it to the latest driver version. To revert back to a previous driver version for troubleshooting purposes:
- Open Avast Driver Updater and click See Overview.
- Click the arrow on the panel of the driver you want to restore to a previous version.
- Click Driver versions in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Click Restore next to the driver version you want to restore.
- Click Restore to confirm.
The selected driver reverts back to the version you selected.
For more information about restoring previous driver versions, refer to the following article:
What should I do if activation is unsuccessful?
Ensure that the activation code you are trying to use is for Avast Driver Updater. Avast Driver Updater is not included when you purchase Avast Antivirus, so you cannot use an Avast Premium Security subscription to activate Avast Driver Updater.
If activation is unsuccessful, refer to the following article:
How do I uninstall Avast Driver Updater?
For detailed instructions to uninstall Avast Driver Updater, refer to the following article:
- Avast Driver Updater 21.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 11 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit