Avast Premium Security (previously Avast Premier) is a comprehensive security software that prevents viruses, spyware, and other malicious threats from infecting your PC. Additionally, it protects you and your data against dangerous fake websites, ransomware, hackers, and spammers while you are online.
Install Avast Premium Security
- Log in to Windows as a user with administrator permissions and ensure no other application or antivirus software is running on your PC.
- Click the button below to download the Avast Premium Security setup file, and save it in a familiar location on your PC (by default, downloaded files are saved to your Downloads folder).
Download Avast Premium Security
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
avast_premium_security_setup_online.exein File Explorer and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes.
- To change the default setup language, click the current language in the top-right corner of the screen, then click Install to proceed with default installation. Alternatively, select Customize to proceed with custom installation.
- Wait while setup installs Avast Premium Security on your PC.
- Click Get Started on the You're protected screen.
- Select the relevant option below:
- Activate: If you already purchased Avast Premium Security before installation, activate your paid subscription. For detailed activation instructions, refer to the article below:
- Start Free Trial: If you do not yet have a paid Avast Premium Security subscription, start a free-trial period to enjoy access to all paid product features for a limited time period.
- Click Run First Scan to trigger a comprehensive Smart Scan to detect viruses, malware, bad browser add-ons, and other issues on your PC.
Avast Premium Security is now installed on your PC and ready to use, but some components may not fully function until you restart your PC.
If you experience any installation issues:
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements and your Windows is up to date.
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit).
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions); ARM-based devices are not supported.
- 1 GB RAM or above.
- 2 GB free space on the hard disk.
- Internet connection to download, activate, and maintain program updates and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Check that the downloaded setup file is not corrupted. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Uninstall all your previous antivirus software from your PC. For instructions, refer to the following articles:
- Restart your PC, and try again to install Avast Premium Security by following the instructions in this article.
If the issue persists, contact Avast Support and provide your setup log file. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Avast Premium Security 19.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit