Avast AntiTrack is a privacy application that prevents websites and ad networks from tracking your online activity and collecting data based on your online behavior. AntiTrack does this by giving tracking cookies false information and creating an alternate profile that masks your real digital fingerprint.
When installing Avast AntiTrack, you are prompted to activate the product using a valid activation code. Your activation code can be located in a number of different places depending on the purchase method. For example, in an order confirmation email, on an activation card, or within another Avast product. For instructions on how to locate your activation code, refer to the following article:
Install Avast AntiTrack
To transfer your subscription to a different device, uninstall Avast AntiTrack before activating your subscription on the alternative device. For uninstallation instructions, refer to the following article:
Troubleshoot activation issues
In some cases, subscription synchronization may take up to 24 hours after purchase. If your subscription is still not active after this time, refer to the following article:
To troubleshoot activation issues on a Windows PC:
- Check that the downloaded setup file is not corrupted. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Restart your PC, and try again to install Avast AntiTrack by following the instructions in this article.
If the issue persists, contact Avast Support.
- Avast AntiTrack for Windows 1.x
- Avast AntiTrack for Mac 1.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Apple macOS 10.15.x (Catalina)
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.11.x (El Capitan)