What is Avast Battery Saver?
Avast Battery Saver is a tool designed to extend the battery life of your PC by reducing internal and external power demands. You can switch between Battery Saver profiles to extend battery life as required. You can also create and enable a Custom profile to specify exactly what actions Avast Battery Saver applies to extend battery life.
How do I open Avast Battery Saver?
Open Avast Battery Saver using either method below:
- Double-click the Avast Battery Saver icon on your Windows desktop.
- Right-click the Avast Battery Saver tray icon and select Avast Battery Saver.
How does Avast Battery Saver improve battery life?
To block unnecessary power drains and improve your PC's battery life, Avast Battery Saver applies the following actions:
- Lowers processor frequency
- Optimizes display settings
- Allows one-click disabling of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
To specify exactly what actions Avast Battery Saver applies to extend battery life, configure and enable the Custom profile.
Will Avast Battery Saver reduce system performance?
Depending which Battery Saver profile is enabled, Avast Battery Saver may reduce your processor speed to extend battery life.
- Custom: The affect on system performance depends on your customized settings. To adjust processor performance when the Custom profile is enabled, go to ☰ Menu ▸ Settings ▸ Custom mode ▸ Hardware and Devices ▸ Processor performance. For more information about configuring your Custom profile settings, refer to the article below:
- Maximum: This profile prioritizes maximum power savings, so you may notice a slight decrease in processor speed while it is enabled. You cannot customize the Maximum profile.
How do I know that Avast Battery Saver is working?
Avast Battery Saver calculates the impact of the currently enabled Battery Saver profile on your battery life, and displays the estimated remaining battery time next to Capacity on the application dashboard. You can switch between Battery Saver profiles to compare the impact on battery life.
How do I use Avast Battery Saver?
For detailed instructions on how to use Avast Battery Saver, refer to the following article:
Download and Installation
What are the system requirements for Avast Battery Saver?
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit)
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- 256 MB RAM or above
- 200 MB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection is needed to download the program and receive updates
- Optimal standard screen resolution no less than 800 x 600 pixels is recommended
For information on how to install the latest Service Pack on older Windows 7 operating systems, refer to the following article from Windows support:
How can I download and install Avast Battery Saver?
- Download and run the Avast Battery Saver setup file.
- Click Yes in the User Account Control dialog.
- Select Install.
For detailed installation instructions, refer to the following article:
How can I uninstall Avast Battery Saver?
For detailed uninstallation instructions, refer to the following article:
How can I activate Avast Battery Saver?
If you purchased Avast Battery Saver through another Avast program or the Avast Store, your subscription activates automatically. If you purchased Avast Battery Saver before installation, you need to manually activate the application using a valid activation code from an order confirmation email. To activate Avast Battery Saver manually:
- Open Avast Battery Saver.
- Go to
☰Menu ▸ My licenses.
- Select Enter a valid activation code.
- Enter your valid activation code, and click Enter.
For detailed instructions, refer to the following article:
Can I use Avast Battery Saver on multiple PCs and platforms?
Avast Battery Saver is currently only available for devices running Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 and higher. You cannot use the product on more than one PC simultaneously, however, you can transfer your subscription from one PC to another.
Can I transfer my subscription to another PC?
Yes. To transfer your subscription to another PC:
- Uninstall Avast Battery Saver from the previous PC.
- Install Avast Battery Saver on the new PC.
- Activate Avast Battery saver on the new PC.
Features and Settings
What are Avast Battery Saver profiles?
An Avast Battery Saver profile is a collection of settings that manage your PC's battery usage. To select a profile, open Avast Battery Saver, then click the relevant tile on the application dashboard.
Avast Battery Saver includes 3 profile options:
- Off: When you select the Off profile, Avast Battery Saver is disabled and takes no action to extend your PC's battery life. Your PC operates according to your currently configured Windows settings.
- Custom: When you select the Custom profile, Avast Battery Saver optimizes battery life according to your Custom mode settings. This is useful if you want to increase battery life without applying all settings included in the Maximum profile.
- Maximum: When you select the Maximum profile, Avast Battery Saver prioritizes battery life over performance. Display and Hardware and Device settings are optimized to maximize battery life. You can temporarily adjust system behavior when this profile is enabled, but you cannot change default settings for the Maximum profile.
How do I know which profile is enabled?
When you open Avast Battery Saver, the circle on the enabled profile tile is green (enabled).
However, if the Off profile is selected, the circle on this profile tile is red to show that Avast Battery Saver is effectively disabled.
Why did my Avast Battery Saver profile change automatically?
Your Avast Battery Saver profile may change because of the following settings that are applied by default:
- Avast Battery Saver automatically switches to the Off profile when you plug in your PC.
- Avast Battery Saver automatically switches to the Maximum profile when you unplug your PC.
To customize these settings, go to
☰ Menu ▸ Settings ▸ General ▸ Battery Saver and tick or untick the boxes according to your preferred settings.
Can I create more than one Custom profile?
No, you cannot save multiple Custom profiles with different settings. The Custom profile is is configured according to your Custom mode settings. If you adjust the Custom mode settings after initial Custom profile setup, the new settings apply to the existing Custom profile.
How do I configure my Custom profile settings?
Avast Battery Saver includes General and Custom mode settings. Custom mode settings are applied only to the Custom profile.
To configure Custom mode settings:
- Open Avast Battery Saver and go to
☰Menu ▸ Settings ▸ Custom mode.
- Configure your Custom profile via the following sections:
- Screen and display: adjust screen brightness, adaptive backlighting, and use the drop-down menu to select a time limit, after which your display turns off.
- Hardware and Devices: define processor performance, determine when your PC goes to sleep or turns off the hard disk, and adjust Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings.
Customized settings are applied automatically to your Custom profile and remain saved unless you manually adjust them. You cannot have more than one Custom profile. If you adjust your settings again, the new settings apply to the existing Custom profile.
For more information about Custom profile settings, refer to the following article:
How do I adjust my Avast Battery Saver General settings?
You can adjust General application settings via
☰ Menu ▸ Settings ▸ General. The following options are available:
- Battery Saver: specify Avast Battery Saver's default behavior when your PC is unplugged or plugged in. These settings apply to all profiles.
- Language: use the drop-down menu to specify your preferred language.
- Notifications: select which notifications you want to receive from Avast Battery Saver.
- Personal privacy: determine how your personal data is used and whether you want to receive other product offers.
- System tray icon: specify if you want the Avast Battery Saver system tray icon to show at startup.
- Troubleshooting: opt to create logs of app crashes, and send logs to Avast Support to troubleshoot problems.
For more information about Avast Battery Saver settings, refer to the following article:
What is the difference between General and Custom mode settings?
Settings on the General settings screen apply to the entire application, while settings in Custom mode apply only to the Custom profile.
What can I do if Wi-Fi won't connect while using Avast Battery Saver?
Adjust the following settings to re-enable Wi-Fi and ensure that Wi-Fi remains enabled for all battery saver profiles:
Open Avast Battery Saver and ensure that the Wi-Fi slider at the bottom of the screen is green (ON).
What can I do if Bluetooth won't connect while using Avast Battery Saver?
Adjust the following settings to re-enable Bluetooth and ensure that Bluetooth remains enabled for all battery saver profiles:
Open Avast Battery Saver and ensure that the Bluetooth slider at the bottom of the screen is green (ON).
What should I do if Avast Battery Saver crashes or won't open?
Try the following troubleshooting options:
- Close Avast Battery Saver and open it again.
- If the issue persists, close Avast Battery Saver and restart your PC.
- Uninstall then reinstall Avast Battery Saver.
If you continue to experience issues, contact Avast Support.
- Avast Battery Saver 19.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit