It is no longer necessary to register your Avast Free Antivirus as your initial free license automatically activates after installation. When your free license expires, you can let the program automatically renew it. Alternatively, you can manually activate your 1-year license by following the steps in this article.
The instructions in this article assume that Avast Free Antivirus is already installed on your PC. If you have not already installed Avast Free Antivirus on your PC, refer to the steps in the following article:
Manually activate Avast Free Antivirus
To manually activate your free license, follow these steps:
- Open the Avast user interface and go to Settings.
- Click the Subscription tab, then click Renew now next to Avast Free Antivirus.
- Click Select in the Avast Free Antivirus column.
- Click the X icon on the new screen that appears to return to the main Avast Free Antivirus screen.
Your Avast Free Antivirus license is activated for one year. When your license expires, you can let the program automatically renew it or manually activate your license using the steps above. To check if your subscription is active, go to Settings ▸ Subscription and ensure the text Active appears next to Subscription status.
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit