To uninstall Avast Secure Browser, follow the steps below according to your version of Windows. Alternatively, if you are not able to uninstall the product, you can use the Avast Secure Browser removal tool.
If you are unable to uninstall Avast Secure Browser after completing the steps above, use the Avast Secure Browser removal tool:
- Log into Windows as a user with administrator permissions and ensure no other application or antivirus software is running on your PC.
- Click the button below to download the Avast Uninstall Utility, and save it in a familiar location on your PC (by default, all files are saved to your Downloads folder). Download the removal tool
- Right-click the downloaded
avast_secure_browser_uninstall.exefile, and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue on older versions of Windows).
- Tick the box next to Also delete your browsing data to delete your profile information, such as bookmarks and history, then click Uninstall to continue.
- Wait while the removal tool uninstalls Avast Secure Browser from your PC.
- Click OK, Sure to complete the uninstallation survey.
- Avast Secure Browser
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit