Passive Mode disables all active protection, such as Core Shields and Firewall, so you can use more than one antivirus program at a time without interfering with the performance of your PC or the reliability of antivirus detections. In Passive Mode, Avast Antivirus still receives all virus definitions and program updates that allow you to manually scan for issues on your PC, but Avast can not actively protect you.
Enable Passive Mode
- Open the Avast user interface and select
☰Menu ▸ Settings.
- Ensure the General tile is selected in the left panel, and click Troubleshooting.
- Tick the box next to Enable Passive Mode.
- Click Restart Now on the main screen of Avast Antivirus to initiate Passive Mode.
Your Avast Antivirus protection is now running in Passive Mode.
- Avast Ultimate 19.1
- Avast Premier 19.1
- Avast Internet Security 19.1
- Avast Pro Antivirus 19.1
- Avast Free Antivirus 19.1
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit