Passive Mode disables all active protection, such as Core Shields and Firewall, so you can use more than one antivirus program at a time without interfering with the performance of your PC or the reliability of antivirus detections. In Passive Mode, Avast Antivirus still receives all virus definitions and program updates that allow you to manually scan for issues on your PC, but Avast can not actively protect you.
Enable Passive Mode
Follow the gif or steps below to enable passive mode:
- Open Avast Antivirus and go to
☰Menu ▸ Settings.
- Select General ▸ Troubleshooting.
- Tick the box next to Enable Passive Mode.
- Click Restart now.
When the restart completes, your Avast Antivirus protection now runs in Passive Mode.
- Avast Omni 21.x for Windows
- Avast Premium Security 21.x for Windows
- Avast Free Antivirus 21.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.x / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1 with Convenient Rollup Update, 32 / 64-bit