Avast One is a comprehensive security software that blocks viruses, spyware, and other malicious threats. Additionally, it protects you and your data against dangerous fake websites, ransomware, and hackers while you are online, and improves the performance of your system by optimizing apps and scanning for junk in real time.
This article explains how to install Avast One on your Windows PC.
Install Avast One
- Click the button below to download the Avast One setup file, and save it to a familiar location on your PC (by default, downloaded files are saved to your Downloads folder).
Download Avast One
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
avast_one_setup_online.exeand select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted for permission by the User Account Control dialog, click Yes.
- Click Install Now.
- Wait while setup installs Avast One on your PC.
- Restart your PC to complete installation.
Avast One is now installed.
To activate Avast One, refer to the following article:
If you experience any installation issues:
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements and your Windows version is up to date.
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP2 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit).
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions); ARM-based devices are not supported.
- 1 GB RAM or above.
- 2 GB free space on the hard disk.
- Internet connection to download, activate, and maintain program updates and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Check that the downloaded setup file is not corrupted. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Uninstall any previous antivirus software from your PC. For instructions, refer to the following articles:
- Restart your PC, then try to install Avast One again by following the exact steps in this article.
If the issue persists, contact Avast Support and provide your setup log file. For instructions, refer to the following article:
For more information about features available in Avast One, refer to the following article:
- Avast One 20.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit