Avast Mobile Security is a security app for Android designed to protect your device against unwanted phishing, malware, spyware, and malicious viruses such as trojans. The app also provides a range of features to make the use of your device easier and increase your level of protection. Delivering Android antivirus protection to our users for free is made possible by the use of advertising. We give you the choice between the free ad-supported experience or the premium ad-free experience.
How can I change the notifications and alerts I see in Avast Mobile Security?
The Notifications & alerts section allows you to customize all notifications from Avast Mobile Security to keep you informed and ensure the highest level of protection. Open Avast Mobile Security, go to
☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ Notifications & alerts, then enable or disable any notification by clicking the slider next to it.
Notifications & alerts are divided into the following sections:
- Realtime protection
- Permanent notification: Ensures complete protection by allowing Avast Mobile Security to run in the background. We strongly recommend keeping the the permanent notification enabled, as without the ability to run, Avast Mobile Security cannot protect your device.
- Clipboard cleaner notification: Notifies you if you have content copied to your clipboard and offers to clear it to prevent privacy leaks.
- Sensitive app notification: Notifies you when a sensitive app is installed and prompts you to protect access to the sensitive app by using App Lock.
- App Install Shield notification: Informs you if the app you are installing or updating is safe.
- Scan complete popups: Displays a popup to inform you immediately when a scan completes and the results are ready to show.
- Low battery ping: Prompts you to turn on Last Known Location so that you can locate your phone after the battery dies, or even after your phone is turned off. Last Known Location is a setting within the Anti-Theft feature.
- Sensitive content detected: Detects when sensitive web content is displayed and recommends that you use a VPN.
- Security stats notification: Notifies you about your monthly security statistics.
- Task killing notification: Notifies you about apps running in the background and offers to stop them.
- Quick Clean: Notifies you when more than 50 MB of unnecessary files are found on your device and recommends that you clean your device.
- Wi-Fi networking
- Unknown network dialog: Offers to check security, test speed, and secure connection when connecting to an unknown network.
- Security scan: Offers to scan your network for security threats.
- Speed test: Offers to check your connection speed.
- Auto-scan unknown networks: Automatically scans new Wi-Fi networks for security threats.
- Data Usage alerts
- Cycle usage reaches: Informs you when data usage reaches a percentage level that you specify.
- Cycle limit is reached: Notifies you when your data cycle limit has been reached.
- Daily limit is reached: Notifies you when your daily data limit has been reached.
- Always show data usage in notifications: Always displays data usage in notifications.
Why does Avast Mobile Security display ads?
Avast is proud to deliver world-leading Android antivirus apps to our users for free, and this is made possible by the use of advertising. We give you the choice between the free ad-supported experience or the premium ad-free experience.
Avast taps into third party ad networks such as Google's AdMob and Facebook's Audience Network to deliver high quality ads that may be relevant to each user.
How do I disable third-party ads in Avast Mobile Security?
If you would prefer to use Avast Mobile Security without third-party ads, we recommend upgrading to Avast Mobile Security Premium. To upgrade, go to
☰ Menu (three lines) ▸ Settings ▸ Disable ads and select a subscription plan, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the upgrade.
After upgrading, ads for products and services unrelated to Avast will no longer appear in the app. However, we may continue to inform you about other Avast products that are designed to improve the protection and performance of your device.
How can I report an inappropriate ad?
An ad that falls below our quality standards can sometimes sneak through. If you see an inappropriate ad in Avast Mobile Security, we strongly encourage you to follow the steps below:
- Take a screenshot of the ad. Instructions for taking screenshots differ depending on your Android system version and device model. The most common ways of taking screenshots are:
- Press and hold the power button and volume-down button at the same time for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time for a few seconds.
For detailed instructions to take a screenshot, refer to the following article:
- Tap the ad and take a screenshot of what appears after you open it (this is an essential step).
- Tap the link below to open our support form:
- Fill all required fields. Then, in the Attach files section, add both the screenshot showing the ad and the screenshot showing what happens when you tap the add.
- Tap Submit request.
We will investigate and potentially block the app or website responsible for the reported ad.
- Avast Mobile Security 6.x for Android
- Google Android 6.0 (Marshmallow, API 23) or later
Updated on: 6/2/22