Avast Mobile Security is a security app for Android designed to protect your device against unwanted phishing, malware, spyware, and malicious viruses such as trojans. The app also provides a range of features to make the use of your device easier and increase your level of protection. Delivering Android antivirus protection to our users for free is made possible by the use of advertising. We give you the choice between the free ad-supported experience or the premium ad-free experience.
How can I change the notifications and alerts I see in Avast Mobile Security?
To manage notifications and alerts in Avast Mobile Security go to Account ▸ Settings ▸ Notifications.
Notifications are divided into the following sections:
- Notify me when...
- New app is scanned: Lets you know when a newly-installed app is safe to open.
- Lets you know when there's a new guide you can follow: Lets you know when new guides are added to Avast Mobile Security.
- Email found in data breach: Alerts you when the login details for any of your online accounts are compromised.
- 50+ MB of junk found: Lets you when when you can clean junk and free up space on your device.
- Check security summary: Notifies you when your monthly security statistics are ready so you can see how Avast Mobile Security has been protecting you.
- Remind me to...
- Scan Wi-Fi networks for threats: Warns you if you connect to a Wi-Fi network that is new or hasn't been scanned in a while.
- Use VPN for sensitive websites: Reminds you to turn on VPN for extra privacy while visiting sensitive websites.
- Sensitive app notification: Notifies you when a sensitive app is installed and prompts you to protect access to the sensitive app by using App Lock.
Why does Avast Mobile Security display ads?
Avast is proud to deliver world-leading Android antivirus apps to our users for free, and this is made possible by the use of advertising. We give you the choice between the free ad-supported experience or the premium ad-free experience.
Avast taps into third party ad networks such as Google's AdMob and Facebook's Audience Network to deliver high quality ads that may be relevant to each user.
How do I disable third-party ads in Avast Mobile Security?
If you would prefer to use Avast Mobile Security without third-party ads, we recommend upgrading to Avast Mobile Security Premium. To upgrade, tap Upgrade in the top-right corner and select a subscription plan. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the upgrade.
After upgrading, ads for products and services unrelated to Avast will no longer appear in the app. However, we may continue to inform you about other Avast products that are designed to improve the protection and performance of your device.
How can I report an inappropriate ad?
An ad that falls below our quality standards can sometimes sneak through. If you see an inappropriate ad in Avast Mobile Security, we strongly encourage you to follow the steps below:
- Take a screenshot of the ad. Instructions for taking screenshots differ depending on your Android system version and device model. The most common ways of taking screenshots are:
- Press and hold the power button and volume-down button at the same time for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time for a few seconds.
For detailed instructions to take a screenshot, refer to the following article: Creating a screenshot
- Tap the ad and take a screenshot of what appears after you open it (this is an essential step).
- Tap the link below to open our support form:
- Fill all required fields. Then, in the Attach files section, add both the screenshot showing the ad and the screenshot showing what happens when you tap the add.
- Tap Submit request.
We will investigate and potentially block the app or website responsible for the reported ad.
- Avast Mobile Security 23.x for Android
- Avast Mobile Security Premium 23.x for Android
- Google Android 8.0 (Oreo, API 26) or later
Updated on: 02/06/2022