Avast Antivirus protects your PC by detecting and blocking malicious behavior. To determine whether a website using cryptomining technology is malicious, we use a set of guidelines for acceptable behavior.
- Websites show a text box with all relevant information.
- Websites do not mine before the site visitor grants it the right to mine by clicking on an Accept button.
- The Accept button from text box works as a direct mining referral.
- In case of changes in mining terms, a new text box with Accept and Decline buttons is shown.
Text box must be designed according to these rules:
- All information is fully visible, readable and understandable.
- Style is consistent for all information (reasonable size, logical position, color contrasting to background).
- Accept and Decline buttons are presented in the same style and color.
Information in the text box must contain the following information:
- Explanation of what mining is (this can be a link to more information)
- Notice that leaving the page will immediately stop the mining
- Notice of possible shortened battery life on the device
- Notice of increased electricity consumption and how this can affect the site visitor’s electricity bill
Example of correct textbox:
If you have questions regarding these guidelines, please contact Avast Support.
- All available Avast antivirus software
- All supported operating systems