HTTPS scanning is a component of Web Shield in Avast Antivirus. HTTPS scanning protects your PC against malware delivered by TLS and SSL encrypted HTTPS traffic when you browse the internet. This feature is enabled by default to ensure your full security. If you disable HTTPS scanning, any malware delivered by HTTPS traffic is hidden by TLS/SSL encryption and your computer is more vulnerable to threats.
Manage HTTPS scanning in Web Shield
Follow the gif or steps below to disable HTTPS scanning:
- Open Avast Antivirus and go to
☰Menu ▸ Settings.
- Select Protection ▸ Core Shields.
- Scroll to the Configure shield settings section, then select the Web Shield tab.
- Untick the box next to Enable HTTPS scanning.
HTTPS scanning is now disabled. To enable it, follow steps 1-3 above, then tick the box next to Enable HTTPS scanning.
- Avast Omni 21.x for Windows
- Avast Premium Security 21.x for Windows
- Avast Free Antivirus 21.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1 with Convenient Rollup Update, 32 / 64-bit