A subscription purchased in the Avast Mobile Security app is automatically activated on the Android device you use to make the purchase. A subscription purchased through another Avast sales channel, such as the Avast Store or an offer within another Avast product, needs to be manually activated. If you want to use your Avast Mobile Security subscription on another device, you also need to manually activate it. The number of devices you can activate depends on the subscription you purchased.
Locate your activation code
Using an activation code (sometimes called a voucher or subscription code) is the standard method to manually activate an Avast Mobile Security subscription. You can find your activation code in:
- Avast Mobile Security app: if you purchased a subscription via the Avast Mobile Security app on your mobile device.
- Order confirmation email: if you purchased a subscription from the Avast Store or another Avast product on your PC or Mac.
- Another Avast app: if you purchased a subscription via another Avast app on your mobile device.
Activate Avast Mobile Security on an Android device
- Tap the Avast Mobile Security icon on the home screen of your device to open the app.
- Go to
☰Menu ▸ Remove ads.
⋮Menu (three dots), then Enter voucher code.
- Enter your activation code into the text box and tap Confirm to complete the activation. Refer to the instructions above to locate your activation code.
- Tap Close. Your Avast Mobile Security subscription is activated.
Avast Mobile Security also allows you to choose from other activation options:
Troubleshoot activation issues
In some cases, license synchronization may take up to 24 hours after purchase. If your license is still not active after this time, refer to the following article:
- Avast Mobile Security 6.x
- Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean, API 16) or higher
- Refresh from Google Play Store: if you change or reset your Android device, you can use this option to reactivate Avast Mobile Security via the Google Play store account that you used to make the purchase.