For troubleshooting purposes, Avast Support representatives may ask you to send a screenshot of a problem or issue.
To take a picture of what's on your PC screen, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the area of the program you want to take a screenshot of.
- Press the Print Screen
PrtScnkey on your keyboard, usually located on the top row (next to the
- Open MS Paint by typing Paint into the Windows search box and selecting the application name from the menu.
The appearance of the Windows search box varies depending on your version of Windows.
- Press the
Vkeys simultaneously to insert the image into Paint.
- Go to File ▸ Save as and select the format and location of your image, then click Save.
You can attach your screenshot to the email correspondence with Avast Support. For instructions on how to attach an image to an email, consult your email service provider.
- All available Avast software products
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit