The Avast SecureLine VPN browser extension is an extra installable component which allows you to conveniently control Avast SecureLine VPN behavior directly via your web browser. This article contains instructions to install and use the Avast SecureLine VPN browser extension.
Install and activate Avast SecureLine VPN
It is not possible to use the Avast SecureLine VPN browser extension unless Avast SecureLine VPN is first installed and activated on your PC or Mac:
- To install Avast SecureLine VPN, refer to the relevant article below:
- To activate a paid subscription, refer to the relevant article below:
Install the Avast SecureLine VPN browser extension
Start using the Avast SecureLine VPN browser extension
- Click the Avast SecureLine VPN icon to the right of your address bar to open the extension.
- Click the red (OFF) slider so that it changes green (ON) to connect to SecureLine VPN.
After enabling Avast SecureLine VPN, you are connected by default to your optimal location (this is usually the server that is geographically closest to your real location). To bypass certain geolocation restrictions and access your favorite content while traveling, you may need to connect to a different location:
- Click Change Location.
- Select your preferred country or city.
☰ Menu (three lines) in the top-left corner of the extension to access the following additional options:
- WebRTC Blocker: WebRTC is a feature applied by Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox that can sometimes cause your real IP address to become visible, even when you are using a VPN or proxy. By enabling WebRTC Blocker, you can disable WebRTC in the browser where the Avast SecureLine VPN extension is installed to ensure your privacy remains protected.
- Help: Opens Avast Support pages.
- Open SecureLine VPN settings: Opens the Settings screen in the main Avast SecureLine VPN user interface.
- Avast SecureLine VPN 5.x for Windows
- Avast SecureLine VPN 3.x for Mac
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)