Avast Mobile Security is a security app for Android designed to protect your device against unwanted phishing, malware, spyware, and malicious viruses such as trojans. The app also provides a range of features to make the use of your device easier and increase your level of protection. Delivering Android antivirus protection to our users for free is made possible by the use of advertising. We give you the choice between the free ad-supported experience or the premium ad-free experience.
Notifications & alerts
How do I manage Avast Mobile Security notifications and alerts?
The Notifications & alerts section allows you to customize all notifications from Avast Mobile Security to keep you informed and ensure the highest level of protection. You can enable and disable any notification by clicking the button next to it. However, we highly recommend keeping all notifications from the Realtime protection section enabled at all times.
Notifications are divided into these sections:
- Realtime protection
- Permanent notification: ensures complete protection by preventing Android from disabling Avast Mobile Security processes. We strongly recommend enabling the permanent notification, as without the ability to run, Avast Mobile Security cannot protect your device.
- Clipboard cleaner notification: notifies you if you have content copied to your clipboard and offers to clear it to prevent privacy leaks.
- Sensitive app notification: prompts to protect access to the sensitive app with App Locking.
- App Install Shield notification: informs you if the app you are installing or updating is safe.
- Alert me about SPAM calls: informs you when you receive a call from a number that calls you frequently and offers to block this number with Call Blocker.
Due to recent changes in the Google Play Developer Policy Center and Android policies, the Call Blocker feature will no longer be available in Avast Mobile Security on devices running Android 9 and higher.
- Scan complete popups: displays a popup to inform you immediately when a scan completes and results are ready to show.
- Browser history cleaner: offers to clear your browser history to protect your privacy.
- Low battery ping: informs you when your battery level is low but you don't have LAst Known Location switched on.
- Sensitive content detected: notifies you when sensitive web content is detected and recommed using encrypted communicationrs (VPN).
- Charging screen: prompts you to turn on the charging screen when you plug in a charging cable.
- Task killing notification: notifies you about apps running in the background and offers to stop them. This feature is disabled if the Avast Battery Saver app is installed on your device.
- Low battery warning: informs you when your battery power reaches 30%.
- Safe Clean: notifies you when more than 50 MB of unnecessary files were found on your device and recommends to clean your device.
- Wi-Fi networking
- Unknown network dialog: offers to check security and speed when connecting to an unknown network.
- Security scan: suggests scanning your network for security threats.
- Speed test: offers to check your network speed.
- Data Usage alerts
- Cycle usage reaches: informs you when data usage has reached a set percentage during the cycle period.
- Cycle limit is reached: informs you when data usage has reached the specified limit for the cycle period.
- Daily limit is reached: informs you when your daily data limit has been reached.
- Always show data usage in notifications: displays data usage in notifications.
How can I enable or disable the Charging screen?
The Charging screen is a feature that displays charging progress and optimizes the performance of your device by stopping all background tasks. When this screen is active, you can check what time your device will finish charging and view the percentage of battery charge.
To enable the Charging screen feature, follow these steps:
- Tap the menu icon (three lines) in the top left corner of the Avast Mobile Security screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Charging screen, then tap the slider so that it changes to ON.
To disable the Charging screen, follow the above steps and tap the slider so that it changes to OFF.
While the Charging screen is active, you can swipe right at the bottom of the screen to exit, or tap the gear icon to access Charging screen settings.
Why does Avast Mobile Security display ads?
Avast is proud to deliver world-leading Android antivirus protection and utility apps to our users for free, made possible by the use of advertising. We give you the choice between the free ad-supported experience or the premium ad-free experience.
Avast taps into third party ad networks such as Google’s AdMob and Facebook’s Audience Network to deliver high quality ads that may be relevant to each user.
How do I disable third party ads in Avast Mobile Security?
If you would prefer to use Avast Mobile Security without third party ads, we recommend upgrading to the paid Avast Mobile Security Pro version. To upgrade, go to Settings ▸ Disable ads, select your subscription plan and follow the on-screen instructions.
After upgrading, ads concerning products and services unrelated to Avast will no longer appear in the app. However, we will continue to inform you about other Avast products which are designed to improve the protection and performance of your device.
How can I report an inappropriate ad?
From time to time, a competitor or an ad falling below our quality standard sneaks through. In these cases we highly encourage our users to do the following:
- Take a screenshot of the ad. Steps for taking screenshots can differ depending on your Android system version and device model. The most common ways of taking screenshots are:
If neither of the methods above work on your device, refer to your device documentation.
- Press and hold the power and volume-down buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the home button and the power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
- Tap on the ad and take a screenshot of what appears after you open it (this is a critical step!).
- Send both screenshots to
An app or a website related to the reported ad will be investigated and potentially blocked.
How can I provide feedback about ads?
We try to strike a balance between generating ad revenue and maintaining an enjoyable user experience. Let us know how we are doing by sending a message to
email@example.com. In your messsage, include the following:
- Explain in as much detail as possible, how you think we could improve the way we show ads.
- If possible, include a screenshot of the ad, so we can see how it is displayed within the app.
Feel free to also share your overall feedback regarding the ads through our short survey.
- Avast Mobile Security 6.x
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher