Where can I find the next billing date for my subscription?
What is my next renewal price?
You can find your next renewal price in the billing reminder email that you receive from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I identify a charge from Avast on my billing statement?
If your purchase was processed directly by Avast (Gen Digital Inc.), the descriptor that appears on your billing statement is:
- Avast *NPXXXXXXXXX (*your order ID), Mountain View, United States
Avast has partnered with established eCommerce providers that manage the online sales and distribution of our products and services. The list below includes the different descriptors used by each of our authorized partners:
- Digital River:
- Digital River, Digital River Company, DigRiv Ireland Ltd, DRI, DRIAvast, DR*Avast
- Allsoft (Softline Group company):
- NILTASOFT LIMITED (for the Czech Republic and Poland), ALMATY/SOFTLINE (for Kazakhstan), MOSKVA.G AVAST (for Russia), KYIV/PAYMASTER.UA (for Ukraine), Avast Assist (for all supported countries)
- Nexwaysoftware.com, Avast/Nexway, Nexway SAS, Nexway S.A.R.L.
- CBA*AVAST Software s.r.o
If you need additional help to verify the source of an unexpected charge from Avast, refer to the following article:
What happens if my credit/debit card has expired?
When you receive a new credit/debit card because your previous card is lost or has expired, most card companies use account updater services to automatically update your payment details. This allows us to renew your subscription without you manually updating your details.
To verify if your credit/debit card company uses an account updater service, contact them directly or check their support pages.
Refer to this article for instructions on how to cancel your subscription.
How can I update my payment details?
To learn how to update your payment details for an Avast subscription, refer to the following article:
How can I get a copy of my order invoice?
To retrieve a copy of your order invoice, refer to the relevant information below according to if your purchase was processed by Avast or a reseller:
If your purchase was processed by Avast (Gen Digital Inc.), you can retrieve a copy of your order invoice via the Avast Account that is linked to the email address you provided at checkout. Follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Avast Account and click See your order history on the Order history tile.
- Click Get invoice in the box for the relevant Avast purchase.
- If you do not have an Avast Account, you can create one with the email address you provided during the subscription purchase.
- If you do not know the password for your Avast Account, you can reset it.
If your purchase was processed by an authorized reseller, refer to the relevant information below according to the reseller:
Where can I find my order ID number?
You can find your Order ID (sometimes called an Order Number or reference ID) either in your Avast Account, or in the order confirmation email that you received after purchase. For more information about locating your Order ID, refer to the following article:
How long do orders paid by wire transfer take to process?
Payments made by wire transfer can take several days to clear depending on the country where the transfer originates. We only issue the Avast subscription after the full payment is received. Before contacting Avast Support regarding a wire transfer purchase, allow a minimum of seven days for the funds to reach our distributors. If you do not receive your subscription after seven days, contact Avast Support for assistance.
How can I identify which authorized reseller processed my order?
Avast has partnered with established eCommerce providers that manage the online sales and distribution of our products and services.
You can verify which authorized reseller processed your purchase using one of the methods below:
- Billing Statement: Check the descriptor that appears next to the purchase on your billing statement.
- Order confirmation email: Open the order confirmation email that you received after purchase. The reseller that processed the order is normally shown in the body of the email under Authorized reseller.
What is Avast's refund policy?
If you are not completely satisfied with your Avast product, contact us within 30 days of purchase to receive a full refund. This 30-day money-back guarantee applies to Avast consumer products purchased using the following methods:
- Online purchase via the official Avast website.
- Online purchase via an offer within another Avast product on Windows or Mac.
- Online purchase via Google Play.
Avast does not normally offer refunds for products if more than 30 days have passed since purchase.
- Retail stores or third-party resellers: Contact the store or reseller directly for information about requesting a refund.
- The App Store: For information about the App Store's refund policy and instructions to request a refund, refer to the following Apple Support article: Apple Support ▸ Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple.
To review the full Avast refund policy, refer to the following webpage:
How can I request a refund?
For detailed instructions to request a refund, refer to the following article:
How do Avast subscriptions work?
Avast products are sold as continuous subscriptions and you do not need to reinstall the application after auto-renewal. This means that your subscription renews at the end of each subscription period unless you manually cancel it before the next billing date.
How can I cancel an Avast subscription?
Do I need to cancel my Avast free trial?
If you entered payment card details before starting a free trial, you need to cancel the trial subscription before it ends if you do not want to continue using the paid features. If you do not cancel the trial subscription, you are charged for the next subscription period on the last day of the free trial.
Follow the instructions for canceling your Avast subscription, which also apply to Avast trial subscriptions.
What can I do if my Avast subscription has expired?
For information about managing an expired Avast subscription, refer to the following article:
How can I update my contact email address and other customer details?
If you need to update your email address or other customer details, contact Avast Support and provide both your new and former details.
What can I do if I don't receive an order confirmation email?
If you do not receive an order confirmation email after purchasing a subscription with a credit or debit card, try the solutions below:
- Check the junk/spam folder in your email account in case the order confirmation was filtered from your inbox.
- Check your email inbox and junk/spam folder again later. Order confirmation emails can take several hours to process and send.
- If you do not immediately receive an order confirmation email, you can retrieve your activation code via the Avast Account that is linked to the email address you provided during the subscription purchase. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article: Retrieving an activation code from your Avast Account
- Contact Avast Support and provide the full name and street address that should appear on your order. Once we identify your order, we will check your email address and resend the subscription details to you.
What can I do if my payment has failed?
For a standalone purchase, we recommend trying a different credit card or choose a different payment method (PayPal or Wire transfer).
If the subscription is entitled for automatic renewal and failed, we recommend to update your payment details. If your payment could not be processed in the regular billing period before your current Avast subscription expires, we try to complete your pending payment up to 14 days after the expiration date with the new payment card.
What can I do if my order is duplicated?
If your order is duplicated, contact Avast Support so that we can assist you. Depending on your preference, we can combine your orders to extend your Avast subscription period or refund the duplicate order.
Why is my Avast subscription more expensive than previously?
When you purchase an Avast subscription, we may offer you an initial discounted price. This offer applies only to the first subscription period, after which you are charged full price. The full subscription price is provided during purchase, and you are informed in advance by email before the payment is taken. If you are unhappy with the renewal price, cancel your subscription before the next billing date to stop future charges.
What if my new subscription period does not include the leftover time from my previous subscription?
When you purchase an Avast subscription before your current subscription expires, the new subscription period automatically includes the amount of time remaining on your previous subscription. If our system fails to connect the subscriptions properly, contact Avast Support so that we can extend it manually.
What can I do if I am not satisfied with how Avast Support handled my order inquiry?
Avast Support aims to handle each issue fairly based on your specific case and our existing policies. If you're unsatisfied with the outcome of an order inquiry or feel that your case requires further review, contact Avast Support.
In your support ticket, provide as much information as possible about your case, including:
- Your name
- Order ID
- Ticket ID (if applicable)
Additionally, provide as many details as possible, such as the name of the agent who dealt with your inquiry, a summary of your original issue, and any other information that you believe is pertinent to your case.
- All paid Avast consumer products
- All supported operating systems
Updated on: 6/2/22