In some cases, the Action Center or Security Center in Windows reports that an antivirus software is not installed on your PC although Avast Antivirus is installed. If this issue occurs, Windows may display the following notification:
To resolve this issue, refer to the sections in this article for instructions.
Ensure that Avast is installed and turned on
Ensure that the following conditions are met to confirm that Avast is installed and actively protecting your PC:
- Avast is installed.
- Your Avast subscription is active.
- The Avast program version and virus definitions are updated.
- Avast reports that You're protected.
For detailed instructions, refer to the following article:
Scan and repair the WMI Repository
The Action Center / Security Center acquires information about the current status of installed antivirus software by using Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI). If there is a problem in the WMI Repository, or the WMI service is not started, the Action Center reports outdated or misleading information. To resolve this issue, scan and repair the WMI Repository by following these steps.
- Avast Ultimate 17.x
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit