Avast Mobile Security is a security app for Android designed to protect your device against unwanted phishing, malware, spyware, and malicious viruses such as trojans. The app also provides a range of features to make the use of your device easier and increase your protection level. Delivering Android antivirus protection to our users for free, made possible by the use of advertising. We give you the choice between the free ad-supported experience or the premium ad-free experience.
How do I manage manage Avast Mobile Security notifications?
The Notifications section allows you to customize all notifications from Realtime protection section enabled at all times.
Notifications are divided into these sections:
- Realtime protection
- Permanent notification: ensures complete protection by preventing Android from stopping Avast Mobile Security processes as Android may disable the apps running only in the background.
- Clipboard cleaner notification: notifies you if you have content copied to your clipboard and offers you to clear it to prevent privacy leaks.
- Sensitive app notification: prompts to protect access to the sensitive app with App Locking.
- App Shield notification: informs you if the app you are installing or updating is safe.
- Alert me about SPAM calls: informs you when you receive a call from a number that calls you frequently and offers you to block this number with Call Blocker.
- Scan complete popups: displays a popup to inform you immediately when a scan completes and results are ready to show.
- Browser history cleaner: offers to clear your browser history to protect your privacy.
- Charging screen: prompts to turn on charging screen when you plug in a charging cable.
- Task killing notification: notifies you about apps running in the background and offers to stop them. This feature is disabled if the Avast Battery Saver app is installed on your device.
- Lower battery warning: informs you when your battery power reaches 30%.
- Safe Clean: notifies you when more than 50 MB of unnecessary files were found on your device and recommends to clean your device.
- Wi-Fi networking
- Unknown network dialog: offers to check security and speed when connecting to an unknown network.
- Security scan: suggests scanning your network for security threats.
- Speed test: offers to check your network speed.
How can I enable or disable the Charging screen?
The Charging screen is a feature that displays charging progress and optimizes the performance of your device by stopping all background tasks. When this screen is active, you can check what time your device will finish charging and view the percentage of battery charge.
To enable the Charging screen feature, follow these steps:
- Tap the menu icon (three lines) in the top left corner of the Avast Mobile Security screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Charging screen, then tap the slider so that it changes to ON.
To disable the Charging screen, follow the above steps and tap the slider so that it changes to OFF.
While the Charging screen is active, you can swipe right at the bottom of the screen to exit, or tap the gear icon to access Charging screen settings.
Why does Avast Mobile Security display ads?
Avast is proud to deliver world-leading Android antivirus protection and utility apps to our users for free, made possible by the use of advertising. We give you the choice between the free ad-supported experience or the premium ad-free experience.
Avast taps into third party ad networks such as Google’s AdMob and Facebook’s Audience Network to deliver high quality ads that may be relevant to each user.
How do I disable third party ads in Avast Mobile Security?
If you would prefer to use Avast Mobile Security without third party ads, we recommend upgrading to the paid Avast Mobile Security Pro version. To upgrade, go to Settings ▸ Disable ads, select your subscription plan and follow the on-screen instructions.
After upgrading, ads concerning products and services unrelated to Avast will no longer appear in the app. However, we will continue to inform you about other Avast products which are designed to improve the protection and performance of your device.
How can I report an inappropriate ad?
From time to time, a competitor or an ad falling below our quality standard sneaks through. In these cases we highly encourage our users to do the following:
- Take a screenshot of the ad. Steps for taking screenshots can differ depending on your Android system version and device model. The most frequent ways of taking screenshots are:
If none of the methods above works on your device, refer to your device documentation.
- Press and hold the power and volume-down buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
- Press and hold the home button and the power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
- Tap on the ad and take a screenshot of what appears after you open it (this is a critical step!).
- Send both screenshots to
An app or a website related to the reported ad will be investigated and potentially blocked.
How can I provide feedback about ads?
We try to strike a balance between generating ad revenue and maintaining an enjoyable user experience. Let us know how do you think we are doing by sending a message to
email@example.com . In your messsage, include the following:
- Explain in as much detail as possible, how do you think we could improve the way we show ads.
- If possible, include a screenshot of the ad, so we can see how it is displayed within the app.
Feel free to also share your overall feedback regarding the ads through our short survey.