Avast Omni includes family protection features that allow you to manage the online content your children can access, block their internet at certain times of the day, and receive location alerts at specified times or when your child arrives or leaves specified locations. These parental controls are managed from the Avast Omni Family Guardian app. Refer to the instructions below to set up or modify each of the family protection features for each child using your home network.
Content filters allow you to control the activities and websites your child can access by enabling or disabling certain content categories, apps, and websites. The following content categories and sub-categories can be blocked:
- Objectionable: sub-categories include violence, drugs, alcohol, and sexual content.
- Social media: sub-categories include Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and Twitter.
- Messaging: sub-categories include Messages (Android), Viber, and GroupMe.
- Games: sub-categories include Minecraft, Fortnite, and Angry Birds.
- Downloads: sub-categories include Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- Videos: sub-categories include YouTube, Vimeo, Hulu, and Netflix.
- Malware: block sites that contain or promote active malware, spyware, or adware.
- Other: sub-categories include sports, music, and shopping sites.
- Websites: add a website URL and specify if it is blocked or allowed.
Block the internet
Use the Avast Omni Downtime feature to block the internet at specific times so your child cannot go online during dinnertime, bedtime, or any other time you specify.
Set up location alerts to receive notifications about your child's location at specified times or when your child arrives or leaves specified locations.
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher
- Apple iOS 11.0 or higher
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch