The Anti-Theft feature, available in Avast Mobile Security for Android, is designed to protect your private mobile data and help you recover your device in the case of loss or theft. Refer to the instructions in this article to start using the Anti-Theft feature.
Anti-Theft requires initial setup that allows you to track and manage your device in case of loss or theft. For more information about Anti-Theft setup, refer to the following article:
To access Anti-Theft settings:
- Open Avast Mobile Security and go to
☰Menu (three lines) ▸ Anti-Theft.
- Enter your Anti-Theft PIN.
- The Anti-Theft screen appears. Configure settings in the sections below:
Automatic lockout triggers
- PIN security: Allows you to use additional protection by marking your device as lost if your Anti-Theft PIN is entered incorrectly eight times. PIN security is enabled by default.
When device is marked as lost
- Lock device: Makes your device inaccessible to intruders.
- Sound siren: Activates the siren on your device to alert you or others to its location.
- Camera Trap (available only with a paid Avast Mobile Security subscription): Captures a photo of the thief. You can retrieve the photo from your Avast Account or from a cloud storage account configured in Anti-Theft settings.
- Cloud storage for Camera Trap and recordings: Connects to your cloud storage account, which can then collect photos and audio recordings that may be captured when your device is marked as lost.
- Last known location (available only with a paid Avast Mobile Security subscription): Sends the last known location of your device to your Avast Account before the battery dies.
Device control options
- Web control on my.avast.com: Change the Avast Account that is connected with the Anti-Theft feature. This is the Avast Account that you can use to control your device in the case of loss or theft.
- Command history: View a list of commands successfully received from the connected Avast Account.
- PIN & pattern: Define which method to use to access Anti-Theft. You can set a PIN, a pattern, or use your fingerprint.
- Lock screen message: Personalize the message that appears on your device screen when someone tries to access your device after it has been locked by Anti-Theft.
- Device administrator: Disable this option to revoke device administrator settings for Avast Mobile Security. When this setting is disabled, it is not possible to control your device remotely in case of loss or theft. We strongly recommend keeping it enabled at all times, and only disabling it if you need to uninstall Avast Mobile Security.
Control your device remotely
You can control your device in the case of loss or theft via the Avast Account that is linked to the Anti-Theft feature. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article:
- Avast Anti-Theft for Android
- Avast Mobile Security 6.x
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher