The Anti-Theft feature available in Avast Mobile Security is designed to protect your private mobile data and help you recover your device in the case of loss or theft. You can also upgrade to the paid Avast Mobile Security Pro version to use advanced Anti-Theft options that allow you to capture photo of the thief when incorrect PIN is entered, lock your device when SIM card is changed and secretly record the phone's surroundings at any time.
To configure and use this feature, refer to the instructions in the following sections.
Anti-Theft requires an initial setup that allows you to track and manage your device in case of loss or theft. For more information about Anti-Theft setup, refer to the following article:
Access Anti-Theft settings
- Tap the Avast Mobile Security icon on your device.
- Tap the menu icon in the top-left corner.
- Select Anti-Theft.
- Type your PIN code set for Anti-Theft.
If you forgot your PIN, refer to the following article for instructions on how to restore it:
- The Anti-Theft settings screen appears. Scroll down to check all available options.
For more information about the Anti-Theft settings, refer to the following article:
Configure advanced security settings (Avast Mobile Security Pro only)
Anti-Theft offers two main security settings in paid Avast Mobile Security Pro:
- PIN security: allows you to use additional protection by marking your device as lost if your Avast PIN is entered incorrectly eight times. PIN Security is enabled by default, go to Anti-Theft ▸ PIN security to manage it.
- Lock on SIM change: locks your device automatically when it detects a SIM card change. This is especially useful if a potential thief attempts to insert another SIM card into your device. Lock on SIM change is disabled by default, go to Anti-Theft ▸ Lock on SIM change to enable it.
Specify Anti-Theft behavior when device is marked as LOST
- Lock device: makes your device inaccessible to intruders.
- Sound siren: activates the siren on your device to alert you or others to its location.
- Camera Trap: activates the camera on your device to secretly capture a photo of the thief. The photo can be retrieved from Avast Account or from a cloud storage account configured in Anti-Theft settings.
Note: The cloud storage options are only available on Android 6.0 or higher.
To disable any of these settings, go to the Anti-Theft section in the Avast Mobile Security menu, and scroll down to the When device is marked as LOST section.
For information how to control a lost or stolen mobile device with Anti-Theft, read the following article:
- Avast Anti-Theft for Android
- Avast Mobile Security 6.x
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher